“the best place to start a night out in chelmsford”
Review of The Wine Cellar

The Wine Cellar
Ranked #38 of 376 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: French, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in the quaint alleyways infront of Chelmsford Cathedral. The Wine Cellar is a unique and stylish place....providing first class food and wine menu. We also offer Boutique Beers allowing you to travel around the world with our unique selection of Worldwide beers.
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

i love this bar, great food and service and the best bar to meet friends at on a friday night,just mind the steep steps on the way in.

There are newer reviews for The Wine Cellar

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I took a client here for lunch one Friday afternoon. The menu is varied which is always pleasing. I had salmon fish cakes in a white wine cream sauce with vegetables which were delicious. My client had a traditional bangers and mash which he thoroughly enjoyed. We both had coffee to finish. In summary, the food was surprisingly good and the service prompt. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is the first time we have visited the Wine Cellar and overall it was a great experience. Fantastic atmosphere and ambiance, tucked away down a side street on Duke Street, you could miss it if you aren't looking for the slightly dated sign. We had starters, mains and shared a dessert and they were all a high standard, my only comment would be that my main (squash and sweet potato tart) was burnt on the bottom but not enough to ruin it or to complain. It came to just under £50 which was excellent given we had tea/coffee with our dessert and alcohol as well. My first niggle would be that we asked if we could use our taste card but were told because we didn't phone (which is stipulated on the conditions), they would not give us the discount. We accept this but we have experienced leniency on this point with other restaurants, particularly on a weekday night when they are not particularly busy. As first time customers, it would have left an excellent impression if they had made an exception and we would have been in no doubt that we should return. Our bill was also wrong and had something that we did not order on it but my husband thought it would be awkward to mention it due to having already felt slightly awkward re. the taste card. Regardless, it is a little gem and it is nice to have found another restaurant that it is a step away from the many generic restaurants in Chelmsford. It is a nice touch to get some sweeties with the bill rather than the standard chocolate.

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I reviewed the wine cellar a while ago and was delighted to return to find the service much quicker and the food delicious. It's an amazing bargain with tastecard. It really is cosy and atmospheric, and the food was much more original than the Italian chains around. Well done.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband took me to the wine cellar for valentines day and what an excellent choice. The food was the best I have ever had , the service was excellent the waitresses Jill and Laura couldn't do enough to make our evening special they went out of their way to look after everyone even though the restaurant was full. We will definitely be going back . If you want a delicious meal with good service and lovely atmosphere then this is the place to go