“Excellent food, waitresses attentive and friendly good value for money”
Review of The Wine Cellar

The Wine Cellar
Ranked #39 of 380 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: French, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in the quaint alleyways infront of Chelmsford Cathedral. The Wine Cellar is a unique and stylish place....providing first class food and wine menu. We also offer Boutique Beers allowing you to travel around the world with our unique selection of Worldwide beers.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband took me to the wine cellar for valentines day and what an excellent choice. The food was the best I have ever had , the service was excellent the waitresses Jill and Laura couldn't do enough to make our evening special they went out of their way to look after everyone even though the restaurant was full. We will definitely be going back . If you want a delicious meal with good service and lovely atmosphere then this is the place to go

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My Wife and I had our 4th visit to The Wine Cellar on Valentine's Day and once again we were made extremely welcome by Elle and her lovely staff. On every occasion the food has been fantastic and the portions so generous so much so I couldn't finish my cheese and biscuits. Compared to other restaurants there was enough cheese for 3. The choice of wine is superb and very reasonably priced. It makes such a pleasent change to go to a restaurant and feel that you are getting good value. Thanks Guys Keep up the good work.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Have been to the cellar a couple of times and I can not fault it at all. Valentines night was fantastic, the food was excellent and all the little extras made it a really lovely evening. Well done to Gill and all the staff x

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We've been here a couple of times and always enjoy it. Good selection of wine and beers and not a chain restaurant like so many in Chelmsford so there's a good atmosphere. Plenty of intimate tables for two in little cubby holes but also a great place to go with friends. The food was lovely (posh pub food) and the service was great (there was only one waitress tending to all the tables - I think she deserved an award for managing them all). The only downsides were there was a function in the main bar (an engagement party). It would have been nice to have been warned but it wasn't really a problem. The other was one of our party sat down and straight away discovered that the chair had faulty leg but this was dealt with straight away. All in all a great place to start an evening - either dining or drinking!

1  Thank Tumble_Dumpling
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Been a regular for many years but has upgraded itself again. Good food, good service and great atmosphere and it is not a national chain. Recommended.