“Good all-round Restaurant ”

Wildwood Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #75 of 382 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wildwood is a small collection of restaurants that serves freshly prepared food. Our aim is simple: to serve great food delivered by friendly staff in a relaxed, homely environment. Whether you choose from the grill section, stone-baked pizza or our freshly prepared pastas, our passion for high quality dishes is the main focus across all of our restaurants
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Visited here recently with a party of 17 to celebrate my son's 18th birthday. Age range of group 9 - 77 all ordering a vast range of starters, mains and desserts.

Vast array of drinks as well which we're quite pricey but this seems to be where a lot of places make their money.

No complaints from anyone about any of their meals, service was very good and there was quite a buzzy atmosphere, £25 a head was a touch on the expensive side but quality doesn't come cheap. Would recommend and will return.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Got some vouchers from the internet and went with some work friends one evening. I thought there was a lot of choice of food and what we all had was very nice and not one of us had a complaint. The service was very good and they made us feel very welcome. However I do feel that places like this charge over the top for drinks i.e. bottled beer £6 for a bottle, come on Mr high up managers that like to sting their paying customer's. If they put there prices down I feel a lot more people would go.
I did go again for my daughters birthday in October and again we had a great time (with vouchers ) are you getting my drift. I really would not go there without yes that's right (vouchers) But I would go there again 100% (with vouchers)

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Always good food and so very welcoming. If you get a window seat it's a lovely place to watch the world go by on a Saturday afternoon. We have never been rushed,even when the restaurant is full. Fab staff special thank you to Tom who looked after us and supported me in my go sober fundraiser for Macmillan xx

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Visited for lunch for the first time with my sons. The restaurant was half empty and the welcome was good. Staff very attentive. Decor a bit faded and lacked the impact of some other chains. Could not see drinks available as hidden low down behind counter. Ordered two pizzas and Chicken Caesar Salad. The pizzas my sons said were average...not very good base and not much flavour but OK. The salad was awful. Limp tired lettuce in a sauce lacking flavour with fried reformed chicken thigh meat and some Parmesan substitute which was rubbery with no flavour. I felt sick after munching my way through most of it as there was very little else on the menu with no carbs that I fancied. The manager assured me that everyone else who orders it loves it which left me wishing I was the restaurant inspector! If anyone else orders it I would be interested to hear if anyone finds it edible? I wasn't charged for it but that's not the point....wouldn't go again.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Went there for lunch, food and service very average and the seating is awful. There is something definitely lacking with the ambiance of the place and the staff really do need training on how to take orders and serve.