“Such nice service”

Wildwood Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #66 of 376 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Wildwood is a small collection of restaurants that serves freshly prepared food. Our aim is simple: to serve great food delivered by friendly staff in a relaxed, homely environment. Whether you choose from the grill section, stone-baked pizza or our freshly prepared pastas, our passion for high quality dishes is the main focus across all of our restaurants
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Always good food and so very welcoming. If you get a window seat it's a lovely place to watch the world go by on a Saturday afternoon. We have never been rushed,even when the restaurant is full. Fab staff special thank you to Tom who looked after us and supported me in my go sober fundraiser for Macmillan xx

There are newer reviews for Wildwood Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Visited for lunch for the first time with my sons. The restaurant was half empty and the welcome was good. Staff very attentive. Decor a bit faded and lacked the impact of some other chains. Could not see drinks available as hidden low down behind counter. Ordered two pizzas and Chicken Caesar Salad. The pizzas my sons said were average...not very good base and not much flavour but OK. The salad was awful. Limp tired lettuce in a sauce lacking flavour with fried reformed chicken thigh meat and some Parmesan substitute which was rubbery with no flavour. I felt sick after munching my way through most of it as there was very little else on the menu with no carbs that I fancied. The manager assured me that everyone else who orders it loves it which left me wishing I was the restaurant inspector! If anyone else orders it I would be interested to hear if anyone finds it edible? I wasn't charged for it but that's not the point....wouldn't go again.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Went there for lunch, food and service very average and the seating is awful. There is something definitely lacking with the ambiance of the place and the staff really do need training on how to take orders and serve.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Visited for a meal with the family thinking that it looked very nice and the menu was to everyone's liking. I will state that the venue itself its pretty classy and if I was looking for a coffee venue I would definitely revisit. However for food, I will not go again. The staff are polite and attentive enough, but the food is average. It's a bit like the food equivalent of lift music. If it was not on my plate I would not miss it, and once it was on my plate, I really could take it or leave it. Infact I left some of it. With Giraffe next door I really will not visit again, there is nothing compelling enough to make me want to.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Arrived as part of a large group. They forgot to put one person's order through, but were apologetic, offered a free drink, and got it out quite quickly so no harm done there.

The food is what let's them down. Chelmsford is fairly dire for food quality, everything seems to have generic tasteless sheen to it. This restaurant is no exception. The pulled pork pizza I ordered was bland, the meat chunks were very small.