“Just fantastic”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were invited to a meal here by friends. We were so pleasantly surprised. From the minute we walked in we were made so welcome with such manners. We were shown to our table and offered assistance with understanding the menu. The politeness and thoughtfulness of the staff remained consistent and we really appreciated it. The food was exceptional and we loved every bite. We were so impressed that this week we've just had food delivered. Even tastier than last week and the great service carried on through from phone call to delivery. Can't recommend this place highly enough.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great service and great food. Every time we have been we have had an excellent meal. Too many favourite dishes to mention only one. One warning when it says it is a hot dish it certainly is. We will be returning.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is one of - if not the best place - in Chelmsford for a curry. I shared the lunch menu with a friend which was truly excellent. Ingredients were fresh and flavours of the dishes such as the dahl and korma were very well spiced and seasoned. Portions were the right size and not too overwhelming, Service was attentive and if you work in Chelmsford you must not miss this place for its unique lunch menu.

You will have a superb dining experience and you will do it well within the hour! Highly recommended. Just make sure your poppadom are delivered to you as they should be - warm and crispy! Overall, this is a first class place and reasonably priced. The staff and the manager are very attentive in a positive way and strive to make the service the best they can.

Quality, value for money and I will definitely be going back.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had been told the food was really good here so I waas eager to go .

I booked a month in advance of going as i had arranged it with a group of friends. I rang the restauarnt up in the afternoon before I went only to find out that the restaurant had no record of my booking !!

I admit they did rectify this fairly quickly and were very attentive when me & my party arrived .

I can't fault the quality of the food when it arrived, the whole party were very impressed with the food provided.

The only thing I would be wary of is the booking system which appears to have one record in the restaurant and the manager seems to run his own booking system ! I would suggest when booking that you check that this has not been 'misplaced' before you turn up at the restaurant only to be disappointed

1  Thank Zooo666
Harka S, Manager at The Gurkha Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

We appreciate your review and apologise for any inconvenience caused. We are always looking for ways to improve and better ourselves, so we will definitely rectify any faults with the booking system to ensure this does not happen again. However, we are happy that you were impressed with and enjoyed your evening with us. Hopefully, we will see you again. Thank you :)

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I dont usually care too much about service in restaurants, as long as the food is prompt and everything's fairly friendly. But just thought I'd add that the staff in the Everest Gurkha are disarmingly nice people - it really made our evening!

The food is really good. Simple and authentic and delicious Nepalese dishes, quality over quantity. You cant go wrong here.

It is always our primary aim to provide a joyful dining experience and you have made our evening with such a positive review! Thank you, we appreciate your good words and look forward to seeing you again soon - hopefully :)