“Thoroghly recommend food and service”

The Gurkha Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 383 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Comfortable and friendly atmosphere with excellent service and food. Cuisine is similar to Indian but with some local Nepalese variations and chefs specialties. Well worth the visit and the owner is an ex gurka who has established this family business.

1  Thank Cathy C

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went to this restaurant for a birthday treat from my brother who highly recommended it. From walking in right up to leaving we were all treated like royalty! The manager was present throughout and clearly takes great pride in his staff, the restaurant and most importantly the food. The quality and taste of the traditionally Nepalese food was amazing (try the pershwari naan bread, best I've ever had). To summarise, try this restaurant, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Chivdude
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My Wife and I have only been to the Everest Gurkha on a few occasions but every time, have been made to feel extremely welcome from the moment we've walked through the door!
Thank goodness the food and service lives up to the warm reception.
The food tastes fresh with each dish full of varied subtle flavours and spices. The service is first rate, friendly and attentive without being overbearing.
I believe you would have to be either very unlucky or really trying to find fault with this restaurant.
On our last visit, in July, we took along my mother in law, who, in all the years I've known her, has refused to eat spiced food. Not only did she make the effort to try a number of the dishes but she thoroughly enjoyed every one!
All the elements come together to generate a place with real buzz which makes the experience such a pleasure.

1  Thank AJShef1
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was a very special experience, from the warm, personal welcome the moment we stepped through the door!
The staff were all very friendly and attentive, helping us choose from the extensive menu, with excellent descriptions of each dish. Most of the dishes were new to us, so we were pleased to take the staff's recommendations about which complimented each other. When the food came, the presentation was beautiful and the flavours divine!!
The service was friendly and very efficient, attentive but not obtrusive. The perfect balance!
We would highly recommend eating here!!

1  Thank Ladywig
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I find it quite surprising to be writing this review given that my wife and I are not curry lovers. Persuaded by reviews here we now realise that what we have eaten before in other Indian restaurants is poor quality food disguised by strong spices. This is most definitely not the case at the Everest. For a start we could both recognise and taste the meat in our Nepalese dishes and the spices complemented rather than hid their flavour. Despite a very large party arriving soon after we sat down service was very good although I do agree with others that at times it was a bit over the top. In future this will certainly be our destination when we fancy a good curry.

1  Thank chelms4dian