“OnlyThai restaurant of this quality in the area.”
Review of Thai Bualuang

Thai Bualuang
Ranked #47 of 382 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

You cannot fault the service at this Thai restaurant . Not many of this kind between Chelmsford and Southend so is a welcome addition the area . There are dishes to suit all pallettes. They even have several different rice dishes as side orders . Would recommend the coconut or jasmine rice . The sizzling beef dish was glorious . Look forward to my next visit even though it is a twenty minute drive for me . Great atmosphere and you could hear each other talk . Highly recommended.

1  Thank Allan B

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant 5 times now and have always been incredibly impressed with the food and the service. The staff are fantastic and the food has always been delicious. One of the best restaurants I have eaten at, would definitely recommend.

2  Thank Sophie151
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I reviewed this a while back and gave it a glowing reference, but want to say that it is even better now! Great food; great staff and now great coffee! I love good Thai food so much that I used to combine visiting friends with a trip to a Thai restaurant in Crystal Palace. I still visit my friends, but don't worry about whether I can hang around long enough to get a Thai meal there. I can just return back to SWF for fantastic Thai food! This place deserves its' increasingly great reputation. God bless you all!!!

2  Thank travelleruk07
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was reccomended this restaurant by some friends and was very impressed! So impressed we have eaten here over 10+ times and have taken friends and family who are also now regular customers.

The food is absolutely gorgeous- so flavoursome! We have taken too and reccomend the yellow curry. The Stir frys are also lovely! There is alot of choice on the menu of which is very reasonably priced.
The super value lunch menu which runs Fri to Sun (2 courses for £6.95) is also excellent and me and my partner eat there often.

The staff (especially Nid) are really helpful and we are always feel very welcomed!

If you visit, you won't be dissapointed - and I'm sure you will return many times like us. So lovely to have a nice restaurant in South Woodham Ferrers.

2  Thank Eloise W
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have been a customer of this place since it opened. The previous owner was an Indian guy, who screwed up and consequently the current owners (Kuhn Nid) struggled to interest customers. This restaurant has always served the best and most delicious Thai food certainly in Essex and probably in the UK. The menu is varied and imaginative using local ingredients to produce authentic Thai style.. example the well known Isaan dish "Somtam" is made using locally available vegetables, yet still has the ""zing" of the Thai dish. Try the prawn dish "Kung Chu Chi" to give your taste buds a treat and "Tod mun kao pod" if you are a veggie. The vegetarian menu is a whole page!!! This is a Thai restaurant owned and run by Thais and if you are a Thai "foodie" you ignore this little gem at your peril!!!

3  Thank Farang123