“fantastic xmas day”
Review of Club Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Club Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Central European, Central American, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bar & Grill situated at Club woodham, Relaxed and casual American Grill cuisine plus great authentic pizza. Everything homemade, fun and funky place with great milkshakes.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I shared a excellent christmas day dinner here, with my family. The restaurant was full, and the atmosphere very cosy, perfect for a cold christmas day. The food was outstanding, especially the sprouts with pancetta and sage butter, and none of us even usually like sprouts! The value for money was very good, with canapes, a free glass of presecco, and 4 courses. We was all stuffed! The service was not rushed, but very attentive, without being over the top like so many other restaurants. I have since heard that they will be moving to a new location, in the new year, where i will certainly be booking a table.

There are newer reviews for Club Bar & Grill

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I use this restaurant regularly as a take-away and to dine in. I must say, the standard of food is something to behold. A standard that can not be found anywhere else locally.

I particularly enjoy the burgers (beef and pork and chorizo). The ambiance is excellent and there is a friendly service.

I have also experienced the tapas night which was superb. A great selection food at very reasonable prices.

Overall the food is of an incredibly high standard and at a very reasonable price and if you don't fancy a night out, there is no compromise in quality by picking up a takeaway.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Booked a table here for my Birthday after researching online for a good restaurant in the area and finding it had very good reviews. We booked about 2 months in advance as we had a large group of 15 including vegetarians and children, so I wanted to ensure there was space. We were given a set menu and asked to provide our choices in advance so that they could prepare it.

Once there we were the only people in the restaurant, but besides being chased for our menu choices in advance, we were quite frustrated to find out that they had not prepared any of our meals in advance, nor had they even got a copy of the menu choices with them in the kitchen. At first the waitress tried to "blag it" that they were only asking us again to ensure no one wanted to change their minds, but after everyone said they didn't, she went to the kitchen and came back 5 minutes later to say that they didn't have a record of the choices, so we'd have to all choose again. As we'd already been seated for a good 30 minutes by this point, and then having to all re-decide on menu choices, we didn't actually get ordered for almost an hour, and then had to wait about an hour again for the food to come out. Considering this was supposed to be a "late lunch" we didn't end up eating until about 5pm.

When the food came out, I can't fault it here, it was immaculately presented, and everyone agreed that it tasted wonderful - some of the best food they'd had out in a long time. We had a good variety of choices between us all, and not one was a bad meal, nor was it too small a portion. Even the fussy eaters were happy!

The service was good, there was always enough drinks on the table, and the food was served well. Though at about 6pm one of the waitresses started making comments to the other about how she needed to leave as she didn't expect to be there so late, casting glances over at us at the same time, and between them they arranged for the girl to go, and leave the other on her own to finish up with us. I thought that this was a bit of a rude scene to have in front of us, particularly when it wasn't our fault it was taking so long, we assumed we'd turn up for our 3pm booking to the food already being prepared and served to us shortly after arriving, not to have our choices requested again 30 minutes after being seated.

Overall, I think the organisation of the restaurant needs a bit of work to accommodate larger bookings, however the food was fantastic. So if your going there for a couple or maybe a table of four, then I think it would be perfect, but maybe not for such a large group. Unfortunately that is the only thing preventing this review from having 5*.

1  Thank Tina S
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had another superb meal at the Brasserie last night, we have never yet been disappointed. My husband chose the Cromer crab starter which was a work of art and tasted even better! All four of us were delighted by all of our choices for all courses. Lee's presentation is first class and it is such a pleasure to be able to dine in Woodham at such a high standard. The peach Bellinis went down very well! New menu highly recommended and we will be back shortly to sample the other dishes. See you tonight for the Xmas Fayre!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

After reading a few reviews on here we decided to try the brasserie last night, tues 30th oct.
We were the only people there, which is a shame as the food is superb and very reasonably priced.
Was just me and my wife, 2 courses 12.95 3 courses 15.95 3-4 choices each course.
I had the Smoked mackerel pate and smoked salmon, was superb and v tasty and plentyful. I then had the burger, once again superb. i then had the special of baileys bread and butter pudding with baileys cream, This was the highlight for me, amazing superb delicious.
Wife had chicken liver pate, then spag carbonara then stciky toffee banaa pudding, once again every course delicious but the dessert was amazing. The food i had was what some people would say basic, Sounds horrible to say it like this. Ie pate then burger, but as any foody will tell you sometimes this is the hardest to do as it has to be perfect. It was perfect and hit just the right spot. whole bill cost 44 quid, 3 courses each, 2 drinks each. I consider that value for money, esp as the food is delicious

If you want all the fancy cheffy twirls then this probably isnt the place for you, but if you want a local restaurant who does food which is hot, tasty, plentyful and in my opinion cheap then please please please come to this place it is worth the visit, and beleive me when I say I will defo be going again.

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL BUSINESSES

ps also does takeaway, so if you dont want to go, order some food try it and you will love it

2  Thank Bahh7