“Exquisite!”
Review of Club Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Club Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Central European, Central American, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bar & Grill situated at Club woodham, Relaxed and casual American Grill cuisine plus great authentic pizza. Everything homemade, fun and funky place with great milkshakes.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had another superb meal at the Brasserie last night, we have never yet been disappointed. My husband chose the Cromer crab starter which was a work of art and tasted even better! All four of us were delighted by all of our choices for all courses. Lee's presentation is first class and it is such a pleasure to be able to dine in Woodham at such a high standard. The peach Bellinis went down very well! New menu highly recommended and we will be back shortly to sample the other dishes. See you tonight for the Xmas Fayre!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

After reading a few reviews on here we decided to try the brasserie last night, tues 30th oct.
We were the only people there, which is a shame as the food is superb and very reasonably priced.
Was just me and my wife, 2 courses 12.95 3 courses 15.95 3-4 choices each course.
I had the Smoked mackerel pate and smoked salmon, was superb and v tasty and plentyful. I then had the burger, once again superb. i then had the special of baileys bread and butter pudding with baileys cream, This was the highlight for me, amazing superb delicious.
Wife had chicken liver pate, then spag carbonara then stciky toffee banaa pudding, once again every course delicious but the dessert was amazing. The food i had was what some people would say basic, Sounds horrible to say it like this. Ie pate then burger, but as any foody will tell you sometimes this is the hardest to do as it has to be perfect. It was perfect and hit just the right spot. whole bill cost 44 quid, 3 courses each, 2 drinks each. I consider that value for money, esp as the food is delicious

If you want all the fancy cheffy twirls then this probably isnt the place for you, but if you want a local restaurant who does food which is hot, tasty, plentyful and in my opinion cheap then please please please come to this place it is worth the visit, and beleive me when I say I will defo be going again.

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL BUSINESSES

ps also does takeaway, so if you dont want to go, order some food try it and you will love it

2  Thank Bahh7
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

It's getting close to a year now since my first visit, so i thought its time I gave this excellent little restuarant another review. Having dined here several times now, with the first being shortly after it first opened, it's great to report the experience has progressed for the better. The food is unquestionably first class, the staff always friendly and the atmosphere relaxed with great background tracks.
There seems to be a lot of regular customers as i noticed many friendly acknowledgements being exchanged between each other.
Well done to the team at the Brasserie.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

After reading the previous reviews I took my wife to the Brasserie for her birthday meal on Saturday night. When we arrived at about 8:40 the member of staff greeting us had to check if they could still serve us even though there was only twelve other people seated. We were then served our drinks and given some bread. After about an hour our main (we skipped starters) still had not arrived and I asked what was taking the delay was, as front of house was more concerned about cleaning cutlery than looking after us. I was told that the waitress had called in sick and a member of kitchen staff was helping serve and promised my food would be ready in ten minutes. The guy cleaning the cutlery was a complete waste of space. Ten minutes passed and we witnessed other customers who were lucky enough to have gotten a meal complaining about their food and returning it. On seeing this and after an 1 hour and 20 minutes wait we decided to leave disappointed and promising never to return. We wanted to support local business but next time it'll be the local Chinese, Indian or Thai. Avoid The Brasserie

2  Thank jubbydavid
Lee B, Owner at Club Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

I am very sorry for your bad experience at The Brasserie.
There are a few points that I would like to just make you aware of.
we was faced with a problem at the beginning of the night with a waitress calling in sick and leaving no front of house staff available for the evening. we didn't want to close the restaurant as we had bookings and would have been very disappointing for the booked customers.
I was forced to come out of the kitchen to serve. this leaving a younger chef solely by himself in the kitchen. The gentleman cleaning cutlery was not a waiter, just my father who was lending a hand to help ease the situation.
The reason why you was told we might not be taking anymore customers after 8.30pm was because we believed the chef would struggle by himself and there could be a delay , not because we didn't have the space. Booking beforehand for such a special occasion could have avoided this problem, as we could have fitted you in at a more manageable time.
But as you seemed disappointed I agreed to sit you.
The other tables did not complain about their food, one lady on the party of 8 simply said to me she had ordered the Tarte flambé and she was expecting a more traditional tart, and would it be possible to change for something else, which we quickly did for her.
We have not got our excellent reviews for nothing and I'm sorry you had a bad experience and will not be returning.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Myself and my wife have been to the Brasserie on numerous occasions for evening meals and Sunday lunch. We have tried most of the starters ,mains and deserts and they are fantastic. We have eaten in many top restaurants in Essex and London and this is on par with the best of them. Local people and surrounding areas should give it a try and you will become regulars as we have. We wish Lee and his staff all the success they truly deserve. Well Done