“Petrolhead dream breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
UK
“Petrolhead dream breakfast”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Wow! Heard a rumour that a great fry up eaten to the sound of performance cars was available in the beautiful Essex countryside. It is and it was a shiny sunny day with the car owners obviously having been up early to polish the cars.
The breakfast was freshly cooked and the sausages were amazing. Not an egg fan, but these fried eggs were not greasy and had bright yolks. Coffee was OK.
Will revisit to try lunch one weekend.

• Visited April 2013

London, United Kingdom
“A lovely venue but food presentation needs upgrading”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a lovely venue in a beautiful setting with very friendly helpful staff. However the presentation of a sandwich I ordered was very disappointing for such an upmarket dining pub with both slices of my bread hard where the bread in the kitchen had not been covered for freshness.

I think it would be useful if the kitchen staff had some additional training in this area as well as presentation.

“Excellent experience”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Fantastic food with excellent service from very friendly but professional staff.
Robert and his team are second to none and I would not hesitate to promote the
restaurant.
The best choice of desserts ever and at an affordable price.
Can't wait for next visit Thanks x

Great Baddow, null, United Kingdom
“rubbish fathers day meal”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

What an absolute waste of time and and money today (17.06.13) - Took my partner here with our 2 girls (age 2 and 9 weeks) - we waited nearly 1 hour for our starters and nearly an extra 40 minutes for our main.

The Roast dinner I ordered and was taste less. The roast potatoes are the worse I have ever had. My partner order steak and kidney pie. He said the pie was like a puka pie and the potatoes he didn't want to eat all!! Def would not recommend to anyone - such a shame as the restaurant has real potential!! could of cooked a much better roast myself!!!

Also told the manager the meal was poor and all he offered was some more of those rubbish potatoes. we wont be going back!!!

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“An absolute delight”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We decided to book a table for a special family sunday luncheon, after being recommended by a friend. My father is really fussy but all his fussy ways where catered for.
The roast beef was totally amazing and a really good portion too, which makes a change to the other restaurants I have been to on the local area.
We all agreed the food, staff snd while dining experience was worth it. Will definately be heading back soon just need an excuse, but then who needs an excuse to visit an amazing pub/restaurant.