“Super experience: we will be back!”
Review of The Bay Horse

The Bay Horse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bay Horse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 373 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Come and enjoy our homemade, fresh British food and drink set in a modern decorated Tudor building in the heart of the historic city of chelmsford. We offer an exciting menu as well as an extensive wine and cocktail menu. We provide waited table service and bar service for those just looking for a refreshing drink. Also come see our fantastic live bands every Friday and Saturday. Comfortable and relaxed setting for food, nights out and family visits.
“Super experience: we will be back!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Visited the Bay Horse after a recommendation from work colleagues and it was definitely one the best meals I've had this year.
Booked online (easy and quick), got there 15 minutes early but table was ready for us. Lovely atmosphere overall and the two waitresses were very attentive, quick and friendly: excellent customer service.
My husband didn't know which ale to have, so they brought over some samplea for him to try - nice touch.
And now for the main thing: food was so tasty and well presented, it was an amazing experience for the eyes as well as your tastebuds! Presentation was impecable. I had potato salad with chorizo and greens to start with (from the specials), baked hake with new potatoes, tomatoes and chorizo as main. Husband had pigeon breast with pickled cauliflower and black pudding to start with and braised beef with potato fondant and baked beans. To finish we shared mississipi mud cake with cream and sweet potato pie with peanut butter and orange coulis - they were both out of this world! I wish I had taken photos now, but phone was dead.

Overall a fantastic experience, we were so impressed and happy with our meal. We are definitely going back next time we are in Chelmsford.

Chipping Ongar, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Expeience”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Over the years I have passed by the Bay Horse thinking it was just a pub. We were invited by friends for Sunday lunch and I was surprised when I went inside. It had a very pleasant atmosphere. I had pork chop that was well cooked and the acompanying vegetables were enjoyable. My wife had roast beef that, according to a waitress, had been cooked in a special way making it quite tender. She was unable to eat all the beef so the staff placed it in a bag for our friend's cats. A drawback to the meal was the plates could have been warmer. We intend to go one evening to celebrate my birthday. One of the best places in Chelmsford to eat out.

• Visited June 2014
Catania
“Good food just needs some better beers........”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is a very popular bar for the lunchtime office workers....and the thurs to sunday evenings are busy with a nice crowd and no youngsters.....had many a drunken night here without breakin the bank and there is never any trouble here.....overall a great place till 9 o'clock then I'd recommend a few others bars close by for a more eclectic crowd....

• Visited April 2014
Ipswich
“I'd recommend, top meal and great love music”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I visited this restaurant with a friend and had an excellent meal - good food, friendly staff and good wine. There was love music in the bar afterwards and we stayed til late. I'd definitely recommend.

• Visited February 2014
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Bay Horse Chelmsford”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I went to Bay Horse for evening meal. The staff very friendly & the food was excellent. Good choice of wines, however not good choice of Beers. Had a lovely evening.

• Visited May 2014