Tripadvisor
Chelmsford

“The best pub in Chelmsford. ”

The Ship Public House
Ranked #2 of 51 Quick Bites in Chelmsford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We are a traditional family run town pub for three generation. Serving delicious homemade food, prepared from the freshest most local produce. Our menu is varied and extensive with specials changed daily. We have six real ales, craft beers and a good selection of lagers. Our staff are friendly and welcoming, we are open all day.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The best pub in Chelmsford. Friendly staff, tasty food and beer and a strong community spirit! I come here every time and never disappointed

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (137)

Reviewed January 5, 2020

I have visited The Ship on many occasions for drinks with friends and family and always receive a warm welcome with great food and friendly staff. It has a cozy atmosphere and I would happily go there by myself and feel comfortable. We particularly enjoy the quizzes/music they do at various times of year. I always judge a pub by the standard of the toilet facilities (as this shows that management care about their property and customers) and The Ship toilets are the best around.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed November 23, 2019

The very best pub in Chelmsford, by a country mile. Friendly, helpful staff, great food, and a wide choice of drinks. Nothing else needs to be said. When your next in town go for lunch and a pint.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 12, 2019 via mobile

I highly recommend the ship for a great pub meal

Lunch or evening

Excellent food at great prices and friendly staff

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

I am a newby to tuna steak but thought I’d give it a go. I need not have worried it was so tasty with the Cajun seasoning and will certainly have it again here if it is on the specials board. And the chipotle mayonnaise was frankly a revelation

Date of visit: May 2019