“Beautiful butterflies and much more...”
Review of Tropical Wings Zoo - CLOSED

Tropical Wings Zoo
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Wonderful place especially for younger children, we all loved the butterflies and the play area. Would definitely recommend and visit again.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"family ticket"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We made the mistake of popping in on the way home from Hyde Hall on a really hot day: my travelling companion, like many of the children also visiting, couldn't take the heat in the tropical house so our visit there was curtailed. I lingered in the hope of seeing a Speckled Mouse Bird which I'd never heard of but apart from the ones in aviaries, not a bird was in sight. We almost missed the outside 'zoo' area as we took the directional signage to be leading to a children's area only. All the birds and other animals appeared to be happy and healthy and well looked after. Some really gorgeous greeting cards with a butterfly theme.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a really great place to take young family. I took my 4 year old and my nephew of the same age and we had plenty too do. The inside play was even better when it rained!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Have been to Tropical Wings a few times and have always enjoyed the experience.

There is chance to get up close and personal with the animals in a relaxed setting and importantly all animals appeared happy and calm in their enviroment.

1  Thank Fozzie_81
See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Well what can I say, me and my hubby, visited Tropical Wings Zoo, on the 5th July 2014. We had a really great time, as we were celebrating my hubby's Birthday, and our 17th Wedding Anniversary. I wished we had visited this attraction years ago, we saw stunning birds , Meerkats, Lemurs, Wallaby's, and many other amazing animals, and the wonderful Tropical House, with the stunning butterfly's and plants and the biggest fish I have seen.There are plenty of things for the children to enjoy as well as the animals. There is a Outdoor play area, Diggerland, Tractor Land, Sandpits. There is a lovely Cafe which offers many types of cold and hot drinks, and hot and cold food, various cakes, crisps, ice cream, etc.One thing I would like to say, it is great to see how Disabled friendly the Zoo is. I am disabled and use my wheelchair,and they have made the nearly all pathways disable friendly. Plenty of outbuildings to go into, especially if it starts raining. Many toilets as well and seem very clean, especially the toilet for disabled people, so this was nice to see. All staff were very friendly, and cheerful, and it seemed they would help with any questions about the animals, and if you needed to find a certain part of Zoo. When we went into The Tropical House, the Gentleman that was working in there on the 5th July, approached us, and showed us the Catapillars, and gave us details on certain Butterfly's. He was very nice to talk too. As we were going around the Zoo, we seemed to see him, and he kept asking if I was ok, and was we enjoying the visit. The two young ladies that did the bird display were brill with giving details about the Eagle Owl which was just over 9 weeks old, and another couple of birds were doing there free flying display. Mind you we did have to make a quick dash to the inside, at 10.30 am ,as the sky's opened up, ie. Rain. Overall though the weather was kind to us. A very nice gift shop to look at, with many items to buy especially for the children. This is certainly a fab place to visit for kids, adults, young, even the elderly, and certainly people who have disabilities, and can only walk a short distance, and people that use a wheelchair. Keep up the good work Tropical Wings Zoo. We will certainly be coming back here again, to visit one day soon. We will let all our friends and family know about this attraction which is not that far from where we live.

2  Thank BenfleetMouse