“Outside appearance is deceptive- very nice affordable place to eat”
Review of The Corner Lounge - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
London, United Kingdom
“Outside appearance is deceptive- very nice affordable place to eat”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I think the outside appearance of Corner lounge puts a lot of people off as it is quite dark and unwelcoming, looking more like a club than a restaurant. This often means that there are few people in there during the day which is a shame as the food tastes very home cooked and is a really good price for the amount of toppings you get and the size of the pizza/pasta dishes. The panninis are also very nice if you want something a bit lighter. We go quite a lot and I would thoroughly recommend people to try it (even with the slight lack of ambience). Important to note that half a beer is much more than half the price of a full pint.

chelmsford
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“evening out”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The food was great and whilst I had to wait 20 minutes for my food to arrive I was in no hurry as this was a leisurely night out not a marathon. I felt the owner and his wife would have done their best to ensure my food arrived earlier had I explained a reason for my rush if there was one.
Customers need to inform the restaurant before they sit down as to their expectations this way the management have a chance to reach those expectations or be honest and say they can't, a majority of customers that come to this restaurant are on a evening out. If customers want quick food mcdonalds is down the road.

Essex, England
“This has to be one of the worst places I've ever eaten!”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Went with a group of colleagues for lunch.
Service- slow does not begin to describe it. Took ages for our order to be taken, there we no other customers at the time. Then took ages for our drinks to arrive.
When our food finally arrived half of our meals were wrong- the waitress just blamed the chef. No apologies or attempt to compensate us.

None of us would ever go there again.. I don't like to give such a poor review, but I would hate others to experience the same.

2 Thank LittlemissPink2
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pizza and Pasta ever at Italian restaurant”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Have been to many restaurants,but never have me and my family tasted Italian food this good,and I have ate in Italy.The staff were extremely friendly and the restaurant packed with many vicars from the cathedral.We had the specials of the lunchtime special board and were full up which takes a lot believe me with our appetites.Will definitely go back next year..

Essex
“As a town centre Italian it is fine”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We were there for dinner and sat alone all evening. Food was perfectly good, not outstanding just perfectly good. Service was also fine but then we the only customers. Give it a go but do not expect too much.

Visited March 2012