“Best Pizza and Pasta ever at Italian restaurant”
Review of The Corner Lounge - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Have been to many restaurants,but never have me and my family tasted Italian food this good,and I have ate in Italy.The staff were extremely friendly and the restaurant packed with many vicars from the cathedral.We had the specials of the lunchtime special board and were full up which takes a lot believe me with our appetites.Will definitely go back next year..

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We were there for dinner and sat alone all evening. Food was perfectly good, not outstanding just perfectly good. Service was also fine but then we the only customers. Give it a go but do not expect too much.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

NowayJose must have visited on an "off" day or he was having an "off" day. My partner and I have been visiting this restaurant for months. Have had breakfast, lunch and dinner here on various occasions and have never had a bad meal. The end of each month they have a Gourmet evening, sadly I think the end of this month is the last one - 5 courses, a glass of wine with each course and entertainment all for £35 per person (see their website for details). Great value for money. The chef is brilliant, the food is fresh and the staff are friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Read Noway.Jose review and was very concerned as we had been invited to a 40th wedding aniversary celebration there today. This was a private function with around 60 people present and I am pleased to say was very enjoyable. We had greeting drinks in the cellar room (which I assume is a night club during the evening) and the meal in the restaurant. The staff could not have been more helpful and attentive and whilst the food was a tad slow in getting to the 60 diners it was hot and very palatable. Our host had hired a singer who was modelled on Michael Bubele and the whole lunch we thoroughly enjoyed. We live a fair way from Chelmsford but should we be there again we will be very pleased to try their a la carte menu.

Reviewed May 26, 2011

Well...I didn't think it was possible to stuff up a simple panini and salad, but The Corner Louge excelled at doing so.

I walked past this restaurant and thought I would give it a go. The lady serving look ten minutes just to acknowledge that we were there, and a further ten to bring us any menus. Once we ordered our food and drinks, we were kept waiting for fifteen minutes before they managed to rustle up a coke and mineral water. When I had the audacity to ask why it was taking so long, I was informed that this must have been someone else's fault.

The food arrived and naturally I wasn't expecting great things. The salad looked pitiful; a few limp leaves and no seasoning. As for the panini, I found three delightful looking lumps of gristle (looked like they'd been getting their chicken from the same place as McDonalds). It was inedible and pricey to boot.

Avoid this restaurant like the plague. Unless you fancy taking someone you despise out for lunch. Gross, gross, gross.