“Another lovely meal at The Green Man”
Review of The Green Man - Edney - CLOSED

The Green Man - Edney
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have just enjoyed another lovely meal at The Green Man. We have been eating regularly there for many years and the food prepared by the current owners is always excellent. The staff are always very friendly and helpful and unfailingly polite.

Therefore we were very surprised to read the recent two negative reports about poor service. From our experience they are the exception rather than the rule.

1  Thank Irenepr

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Me and my boyfriend have eaten here a few times since we noticed it on Trip Advisor. The food is amazing quality, it has such a varied menu (English, Indian, Chinese, Thai, French cuisines and so much more) and it is so superior to anything else on sale at many of the chain restaurants in the centre of town. So worth the 10 minute drive out of town and into the gorgeous Essex countryside.

Each time we have been we have said that we'll just have a course or two, but we always end up having three because we just don't want to miss out!

The food is very well priced on it's own but we have combined it with our Tastecard when we have been during the week and to get all the food on 241 is amazing!

I am trying to convince my friend to book here for her going away dinner because me and my boyfriend are desperate for a reason to come again!

Get down here! You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank NatalieSalty
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This place is one you will go to and always go back like myself we found the green man at the start of this year and have been there 5 times in 2 months the food is better than anywhere within miles you must go and take no notice of the 2 last bad reviews the people obviously never went to the same pub with the same staff and chefs that I went to. THE BEST RESTAURANT IN CHELMSFORD BY A MILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Sam T
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have eaten at The Green Man twice before, the last time very recently. Both times I've been impressed with the food and really enjoyed it. The service was good both times and importantly for us there is lots of parking. If I had a criticism though it would be that the decor in the restaurant is rather soul-less and devoid of atmosphere so what should be a special meal (by the quality of the food) ends up feeling a bit like eating in a dated pub somewhere in Cornwall. Some warm wall colours, updated table accessories (maybe tablecloths/modern place mats etc.) and maybe even some quiet music in the background would make a world of difference!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The service here is very good and must be this restaurant's secret weapon. Special mention to Pat who was nothing short of first class. We were a party of two and there was a party of twelve at the same time. She took our order first so that we would not have to wait too long, she changed a table for us without a fuss and was generally keen to offer first class service. Pat understands what client care means and the other staff ( whose names I didn't ask, sorry) were also excellent.

The tables in the bar are lighter as some parts of the restaurant can be a bit dark.The food is good pub food, not fine dining but good. Overall a very good experience and a lovely way to spend a sunny Sunday lunchtime.