“Wonderful”

Ranked #6 of 385 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Zenxi brings together the very best of Oriental fine-dining to Chelmsford. The design of ZENXI has been meticulously thought of and planned, the layout of the restaurant being set over 2 floors and uses modern materials, soft lighting, Italian furniture along with traditional visual impacts such as waterfalls and a grand piano which all harmonize to create a luxury setting, for you to enjoy at lunch or dinner. Attention to detail is of primary importance at ZENXI which is also carried through to our menu; Consisting of over 150 dishes, including many classic favourites to the very NOW dishes; Every dish is freshly prepared as ordered using the finest quality products, this ensures fresh and detailed flavours, something we know you appreciate. Our handpicked wine list is also vast with over 70 wines from around the world, champagnes and cocktails for all occasions to compliment your fine-dining experience.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Wonderful setting, food and service. This is what dining is all about. The food is the best Chinese I have ever had. The atmosphere is perfect, if you want a special night out I can totally recomend Zenxi.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

The best Chinese I have ever had, the taster menus are excellent and the portions are huge. You can even take home a doggy bag.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

My 3rd visit and not my last, nice decor and area to have a cocktail or two before dinner makes this feel like a real 'night out'

Had different set menus every time I have been and they have all been really high quality and good value for money.

Service is always really good with attentive staff who can engage with you as well as advise on your choices.

Been on a girls night out and a romantic dinner for two, great for both occasions.

Defiantly worth a visit!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

What an amazing experience!
The food is on another level, the atmosphere with the pianist playing was great.
We went for a family birthday meal and what a treat!
The service was great and very friendly.
I liked the little extra of a monkey brain shot at the end of the night looked awful tasted amazing!
This is a must!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Last minute decision to go out on a Saturday evening for a meal with my partner. We wanted to get a bit dressed up...the problem is, that there is a lack of nice, classy restaurants in Chelmsford. We are over-run with "chain" restaurants!
We were greeted by a friendly and knowledgeable waitress. The restaurant was very busy, but not overly noisy. The pianist played most of the evening; although I was dubious of this and thought it may be "cheesy", it certainly added to the ambience.
All the waiters were knowledgeable and attentive, without being overbearing. The cocktails were fantastic (about the usual price for a cocktail in a bar or restaurant; £5-7. We had a lovely bottle of wine with our meal which was also reasonably priced. The food was fantastic; not huge portions, but plenty to fill us up. My only slight criticism would be that there isn't a huge range of options for vegetarians. I eat fish (which is well catered for on the menu), but if I was still properly veggie, I might have struggled.
Overall. a lovely restaurant wiht a laid back vibe and somewhere nice to go for a special night out.