“Love this Chinese-Expensive Drinks though”
Review of San

San
Ranked #94 of 380 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I do love this chinese its the best buffet style as you order from the menu what you would like. Sometimes I do think they are a little reluctant to give you what you want they ask do you need 2 of that as they do not want to waste any. The drinks are expensive but always enjoy it here!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have dined here a few times now and never had a bad meal.

Chances are no matter who you're with there will be something on the menu to keep everyone happy. Although there are no unique or signature dishes, the have all the familiar dishes that you'd expect from a chinese restaurant. What sets this apart from most places is how well they are all cooked!

We always go for the starter platter, the crispy duck and Kung Po King Prawn mixed with a few other things. The only let-down is the chicken satays because the chicken has a weird texture which is quite disappointing because I do like a well-cooked satay. Apart from that all the dishes are delicious and we'll keep coming back.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Booked via phone a week in advance for a table for 9 and one of those 9 places was to have a high chair for our young son, lady on the phone said no problem. Got to restaurant this evening sat at the table no high chair, turns out they don't have them!
Family turns up we order drinks and food, food comes out well quiet frankly this is some of the worst Chinese food I've eaten in ages
Mixed starters, Smoked chicken in my opinion was not all chicken, some of it was pink and tasted like gammon, the ribs were chewy like rubber.
Duck Course was nice but they were really tight with the cucumber & spring onion and Hoi Sin sauce.
Main Course was poor, the beef dishes had the worlds stringiest / chewiest I had ever experienced. We ordered enough rice for 8 we got one small pot and likewise we ordered multiples of other dishes we like but received only 1, when challenged we was told to ordered more when we had eaten it. Ok, but when we reordered it took 15-20 minutes to arrive which basically ruined the whole meal!
Then to top it off they charged 10% service charge on top.

To sum our visit it up in my opinion from my experience, if you have kids this is not the place for you! If you like good, fast and friendly service then gain this is not the place for you! there are far better and cheaper Chinese restaurants in Chelmsford. I will never step foot in this place again!

2  Thank AndysOpinion
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

All you can eat amazing food. The service was excellent and the food was really good. They brought things out gradually so we went through about 5 courses. They also brought out our birthday cake playing happy birthday out and singing. A great night! Hint: don't eat for a day before.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went here with 3 friends on a busy Friday night. We had reserved a table, which I think is very wise considering how busy it was. Our table wasn't quite ready when we arrived so we had a drink while we waited. Once seated, the service was quick. A huge choice of dishes - something for everyone. The food was very good indeed, the best Chinese I've had in a long time. Excellent price - all you could eat (excluding desserts) for £17. Just don't be greedy and order food you don't necessarily want - the chef will get angry!! (This is mentioned on the front of the menu). Would definitely return.