“The Best Chineese Buffet in Essex”
Review of San

San
Ranked #89 of 373 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Colchester, United Kingdom
“The Best Chineese Buffet in Essex”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I went to Sans a few weeks ago for the first time with my Boyfriend. I was amazed at the quality of food! The Manager was very pleasent and made a fuss of us. The waiters were really lovely and had a laugh with us at the table. I think the price is great for what you get. You can pay up to £10 at a regular buffet, but helping your self with loads of strangers reaching over you, isn't my thing, and sometimes the dishes are empty. Not Sans, order what you want from the Menu, as many times you like (with out taking the Mick) you receive hot, fresh, flavourful food! The table is cleaned each time, and we are given a warm bowl of water and lemon to wash our hands and warm wipes at the end! The best Buffet in Essex for sure!! I will be returning!! (tonight in fact) :)

“A good evening”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

First visit and was very impressed. The selection of dishes on the all you can eat menu was good, staff were attentive but didn't make us feel we were being rushed. Very happy with the quality and taste of all the dishes we ordered.

Epping, United Kingdom
“A good evening”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

It is always worth remembering that the San is busy and runs to a 'shift' pattern - and bearing that in mind, I have no hassle with the timetable you are fed to! On a Friday at short notice they found a table for four of us - the food is good and the service was fast and attentive. It's a lively place - not for a quiet evening out! - but we had a great time with our friends an what more could you want on a Friday night?

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Another Lovely Evening”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I visited San on a Friday night with 19 friends, many of whom had not been here before. The whole resturant was busy. Our food was piping hot, the flavous were very good. Our waitress was vey helpful and patient. The menu has a good choice of dishes, try the sizzling dishes. Many of my friends will be going back. What more can I say, give it a try you will not be disappointed.

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Best Chinese around”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have visited SAN a number of times now and it is clear why it is always fully booked and busy, the food is delicious. Visiting recently on a midweek evening, it was still packed. Ordering off the menu, the food came out quickly and is full of flavour, with a much higher standard than the usual buffet selection elsewhere.

The only downside and where the costs are probably recovered is that the drinks are expensive. My favourite Chinese around and now becoming a regular haunt.