“Still excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Lantern House
Ranked #43 of 363 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?rlz=1T4ADBS_enGB344&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=lantern+house+chelmsford&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=lantern+house&hnear=chelmsford&cid=14042095155383317312
“Still excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have visited this restaurant for many years, eating in and also the takeaway. The staff are excellent and the quality of the food is second to none. They also make a fuss of the children.

Visited September 2012

“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

When ever we eat out for Chinese we always go to the Lantern, great food, friendly staff and very clean. Would recommend.

“Always perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I can't say how much I love this place for takeaways and eating in the restaurant, although the menus differ slightly. My parents used to take me to the lantern house from the age of about 4 and I'm now in my 20's and still love the place and the people there that I have grown to love over the years. I always recommend the lantern house first before considering any other place! You must try them if you haven't already!

1 Thank lottoextra
“Terrific Chinese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have eaten at the Lantern House several times and I think that the Lantern House is probably the best Chinese restaurant in the area. The food is always very well cooked, tasty and interesting.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank PaulofPleshey
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

This was my second visit to this place with friends who are regulars and once again it was great! I had gone off Chinese food due to often finding it too greasy with cheap meat, however this place changed my opinion again. It was not greasy and all the meat was good quality and well cooked. The steamed sea bass with ginger was lovely and the squid not chewy.
The service is of a very high standard and you are never left waiting for a drink.
Our friends are regulars and they even had an orchid as a present for her which was a lovely touch. We will def come back again.

• Visited June 2012