“Fine but a bit expensive”
Review of Shaad - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shaad
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Went here with a group from work on a Friday night, not been for many years. Service and food was good, on a par with the other Chelmsford Indians that I have rated at this level. It is a little more expensive though. We were leap frogged by a table of what appeared to be regulars who arrived after us but were served first. It didn't matter on this occasion but isn't good pratcice.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Went to the Shaad with 14 friends.
The food was a little more expensive than I had paid in other restaurants but when our meals came we could see why.
The Shaad obviously use high quality ingredients and the curry's taste as if they are more traditioinal in style.
Everyone found the food a little spicier than at other curry houses so don't order Madras here if you would normalyl elsewhere as it will probably be too hot.
Food was served hot in just the right amount of time and the portions were adequate.
The waiters were pleasant and attentive though unintrusive.
The restaurant had a nice feel to the place even though we were the only people in there with it being a week after new year.
Toilet area although clean could do with a bit of a touch up but this did not affect our experience.
I will definitely be returning on an extra special occasion and the location is ideal.

2  Thank vania170973
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Having visited the Shaad half a dozen times, on nearly every occasion found the food to be of. Very high quality. Staff seemed a little stand offish at first but now very friendly since they got to know us. Service can be a little slow but the quality of the food makes up for it. Restaurant often quite quiet (possiblly due to other reviews) but we have never had any problems. Taste card accepted when they are not busy so very reasonable too. They also cook unusual dishes along with the standard curries for those wanting something different.

2  Thank KKCROD
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I went to Shaad with my wife and 2 sons. For almost all of our time there, we were the only diners. I think I now know why. There were only two staff. It was a gloomy atmosphere, dark and very quiet.
The food was reasonable but very expensive. The service was terrible, very unfriendly with the staff grudgingly doing the minimum possible. I don't think reasonable customer care is that difficult. It helps if you smile occasionally and look as though you are glad to have customers. That didn't happen.
As we reached for the plastic at the end of the night, they said that they could only accept cash for some technical reason. A hunt for the nearest ATM ensued. This was a dismal experience which will not be repeated.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Truly disappointing. Food gave me, my pregnant wife and 2 children food poisoning. The whole experience was so bad. Service was poor, food was disgusting, and obviously off. I hate this place. If you don't want to write off a week of your life then DO NOT go here.

1  Thank BarryPhilson