“Nosiy...but lovely staff” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Chelmsford
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Nosiy...but lovely staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Absolutely lovely staff and very clean generally.Our bathroom had frayed towels and grimy floor and skirting. But Friday and Saturday night is party night, and all the other guests seem to be clubbing. I had no sleep until 4.00 am as people were running up and down the corridor, slamming doors, shouting and generally partying in their rooms. Probably ok in the week. I know they the rooms are cheap but I would of liked some sleep!! You have been warned.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Chelmsford Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We are sorry to learn you were disturbed by other guests during your stay S S. We do ask all of our customers to respect their noise levels throughout their stay and our staff will be permitted to patrol the corridors on a regular basis so that they can be aware of any disturbances. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution so please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Excellent reception staff - but to pay for the car parking is ridiculous - Travelodge need to sort out a deal with the car park owners.
And I expect clean pillows, a hot shower and free wi-fi. 2 out of 3 aint good enough - no wi-fi in the 21st century unless you pay ridiculous money shows the management stuck in the 20th century. Wake up and smell the coffee - business users come here and do not expect to pay extra to park the car and get connected. It smells of the Ryanair school of business management, where soon you have to pay extra if you want to sit down.
Of course if they sorted this out everything else is good - so sort it out.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Chelmsford Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your review alastairrr. The car park at our Chelmsford hotel is run by a 3rd party operator and we will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the charges. We are also sorry to learn you are unhappy with our Wifi charges, we will be sure to take your comments on board as we aim to provide a great service for our guests.

Travelers are raving about these Chelmsford hotels

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

The Staff was the only thing about the experience that was in any way pleasant.
It completely ruined the nice evening me and my girlfriend had! And very much spoilt our first Valentines together! We have used Travelodge a view times together and have no problems. However after our experience we will consider looking else where.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Chelmsford Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
We are sorry to learn of your disappointment Alex W. Please can you give us some more detail of your stay so we can address your concerns. To help us contact you please can you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to give us more detail and be sure to indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review when submitting your details.
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

My stay here couldn't have been any better, rooms are basic but very clean and you get what you pay for. I found the service here second to none, joe on reception and Kate I found to be extremely helpful.
Parking is a bit of a nightmare but I understand this has nothing to do with the hotel itself. Will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed February 2014
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is a lovely hotel for a travelodge the beds where comfy, staff really friendly and very welcoming. Rooms are spacious, clean, but my only fault for this hotel is extremely hot it felt like we where about a kitchen but reading other review seems like others felt the same. I would return but with a fan :)

Room Tip: More than I expected :)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Port Moody, British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Clean, safe, conveniently located hotel in the heart of Chelmsford. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. , The room was basic but comfortable and extra towels, bedding and a hair dryer were provided upon request, free of charge. Good variety in the continental breakfast. I only had to pay for myself and my kids ate free. I would definitely stay there again. Parking is a bit expensive because it is operated by a different company but I did not have a car so that was good. 30 minutes free parking for anyone picking me up or dropping me off. Overall excellent value for money in this cheap and cheerful hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We had a one night stay, I accidentally booked a double room for my son and I, which the staff changed to a family room with no fuss at all. The staff were polite, helpful and accurate with directions to the university and station. They booked Taxis immediately as I requested. I was advised of the cheaper parking option as soon as I arrived. The room was very clean, and extra pillows were brought as soon as I asked. The breakfast was great for £5 booked on line in advance. Travel lodge as it is meant to be, ideal for our visit. No complaints at all. Thank you.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family