“Best place in chelmsford for fish, chips and kebabs combined”
Review of Mr Rams & Mrs Cod

Mr Rams & Mrs Cod
Ranked #273 of 368 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Best place in chelmsford for fish, chips and kebabs combined”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

a jack of all trades a master of none. But the portions are generous, the service always polite, the prices very competitive, hygiene is 4 star rated according to the council (its old but they are always cleaning) and like for like the best in its class.

I wouldnt order kebabs from anywhere else in chelmsford.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank tyfairclough

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Good local Chippy”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

we use these two shops regularly and the food is always very good, the guys behind the counter are always very pleasant, always a pleasure to go in here.

Visited May 2013
“Eat here if you want food poisoning!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had rock and chips with fried chicken so did my partner. We were both really ill after. The place was filthy and the staff were slimy perverts. Food was flavourless and really greasy.

• Visited May 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgraceful”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Ordering food with a friend, and the guy at the cashier must've got my order wrong, gave me different food to what i ordered, then started shouting and swearing saying i got the order wrong, none of the other "employees" had anything to say, and then started speaking their own language, guess they were saying something about me but who cares, not going there again, the place also looks unhygienic, aswell as the workers, poor.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank An0nym0u5123
London, United Kingdom
“Very Happy Customer.....35 years Man 'n' Boy”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've been coming to Rams since I was a teenager and let me tell you this....Rams is the BEST. They have never failed to impress in all the time I've visited. IMHO, if 35 experience is not enough to convince potential customers to give Rams a try, I don't know what more I can say.

I do a lot of travelling for work and often arrive in a town late at night and forced in to eating some pretty dire kebabs. Rams sets the standard and no other kebab shop meets it. Friendly staff, great kebabs....what more do you need?

• Visited April 2013