“Lovely food shame about the staff”
Review of Turtle Bay

Turtle Bay
Ranked #50 of 415 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

Decided to give this place a go. 3 adults for evening meal. The place was busy on arrival but managed to get a table no problem. At the start of the evening Tom sorted out out 2 for 1 cocktails with no bother. Ordered 3 courses, starter was fantastic, main meals were lush, desserts were to die for (after we had to ask for dessert spoons - we were given soup spoons), ordered coffee but coffee machine was broke, ordered baileys x 2 (the waitress didn't know if you served baileys), we asked for our bill, waited 15 mins, put our coats on, still waited 10 mins, had to ask for the bill again, then had to walk to the bar, stood another 10 mins and then we had to ask if anyone wanted to take our money. If we weren't honest then we could've had our meal for free. The waiting staff were disorganised apart from Tom, Tom was wonderful.

Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

We booked a late table as it was my Partner's Birthday and we were going to to the Theatre for 7.30 pm.
When we arrived at 9.45 I was initially worried we'd made the wrong choice of restaurant, as it was packed and fairly noisy with no sign of anyone to greet us.

However, needn't have worried as once we had grabbed someone's attention we were swiftly seated at a nice table up on a raised area and our lovely server Tyler came to ask if we wanted drinks and show us the menu. This young lady was brilliant throughout, she was really busy but looked after us really well.
We soon settled in and the atmosphere was really nice, Caribbean music and a real buzz in the place. Food was great, I had ribs and jerk lamb which was fantastic. Partner had duck roll and ribs. He really enjoyed his Birthday meal and we sampled a few delish Strawberry Daiquiris as well!
All in all, we really enjoyed Turtle Bay. Tyler was fab. It is quite noisy so don't go if you like a quiet dinner but do go for a fun evening with some lovely spicy food and tasty Cocktails !

"A Great Experience"

If you are into your Spicy Food then this is the place. A good range of Caribbean dishes to choose from and everything
was reasonably priced.

Also the Happy Hour is Great on there Cocktails & Wines. They do Happy Hour from opening time to 19:00 then start again @ 22:00 till closing time.
"that's a long Happy Hour"

We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed October 22, 2016

My friend and I called in for our lunch , we were greeted by a very nice chap, think he said his name was Callum , he was like a lovely spaniel all eager to please . We were sat down and given our menus , I opted for the salmon toastie which came with either sweet potato fries or salad, it also comes with Caribbean coleslaw , unfortunately i couldn't sample this as it had poppy seeds in it , and guess who's allergic to poppy seeds . My friend had the pulled pork toastie which she said was also a winner . We were told it was two for one cocktails but unfortunately we were driving but from what I could see when I discreetly spied other people's they looked very exotic .all in all nice and would go again to try some different dishes , well it has to be done .

Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

Visited Turtle Bay on a Saturday lunchtime. Atmosphere is fantastic, waitresses were excellent (Georgia and Lauren). I had the jerk chicken starter which was spicy but not too hot. The duchess had the jerk prawns. Both were lovely. For mains i had the curried goat.......mmmmmm, and wifey had prawn and mango curry which was mild as she likes. We took full advantage of the 2for1 cocktails, sampling 13 each, along with the lager with ginger beer in. By the time we left the other half was looking quite attractive .
I would recommend visiting.