“Tudor restaurant only”

Dining options: Reservations
South Ockendon
“Tudor restaurant only”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We have dined in the Tudor restaurant for a few years but on our last visit we were shocked at the portion sizes and cutting corners by cutting one scallop into 3 to make a starter worth around £12. We complained to the management but they didn't not want to know so we shall not be going back.

1 Thank Ricardo122mich

Essex
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel restaurant is surprisingly quiet, yet the food is of a high standard and quality.

Admittedly it's not the cheapest, but it's certainly not the most expensive place we've dined at either. Besides, I'm always reminded that "you get what you pay for", which probably makes this venue more appropriate for that special occasion!

We opted for the tasting menu with accompanying wines and it was very enjoyable. A thoughtful and well presented range of dishes full of colour, wonderful aroma and, essentially, great taste.

It was a very pleasant experience and we left full, if a little tipsy, and very contented.

Our compliments to the chef. We will definitely return with some friends.

• Visited August 2012
Brentwood
“Poor service from staff that have heavy foreign accents”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I used to think this restaurant at the Marygreen Manor was one of the best in Brentwood. I recently took my wife and another couple here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I found the serving staff surly, heavily accented to the point where I had to constantly had to ask them to repeat themselves.

It did not help having a table of 6 diners adjacent to my table that were very loud, so it seems that now the serving staff and the clientele are not what I would expect.

The classic when paying the bill I asked for the "discretionery tip" to be removed from the bill, my response was that the the person serving me "would have to ask the managers permission to do so". At that point the amount I was going to leave was reduced to zero. Shame, it spoiled a special night.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank alistairbarnwell
Brentwood
“The Tudor Restaurant”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This used to be a very good restaurant but I had a problem on a recent visit understanding the heavy foreign accents of thevserving staff. Overall the service was very poorvand not expected in an establishment that knows how to charhe.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Fantastic food and great service, best restaurant in Essex!

• Visited July 2012