De Rougemont Manor
  • Restaurant
The Austin Hotel(Hornchurch)
Devonshire Hotel(Hornchurch)
View Hotel
All reviewsoutdoor poolafternoon teanature reservelovely groundssingle roombar menusunday lunchgroupon vouchergreat nightchristmas partysandwicheswedding venuecooked breakfaststayed for one nightwhole experiencean evening meallovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband arranged a surprise birthday party for me at the hotel. He has never done anything like this before and has since told me he could not have done it without the staff helping him with the finer details to make my surprise a night to remember. The room was just the right size for a party of 80, the buffet was commented on by lots of my friends, as it was really good, and the bar service was first rate. We stayed the night as did a few friends and all had breakfast together in the morning. The bedroom and the brekky also faultless. A really memorable occasion.

• Stayed: November 2012
derougemont, Head Of Marketing at De Rougemont Manor, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Puddy-Woo,

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. We really do make sure that when you have a function with us that every little thing is seen to not only on the day, but when you are planning the process.

Our head chef David Fuller really does make sure that every dish served meets his high standards, and he is always happy to hear feedback.

Hopefully you will be down to visit us again soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Not only are the staff friendly but they keep each other informed because what I noticed when my wee man, touched the hot toaster on morning, he got great attention and felt important (he got more of a fright than hurt himself) but the staff later asked after him,
attention to detail, I am a fussy eater, but the staff made me any food I wanted, thanks guys.
and they treated children with just as much respect as any other guest in the hotel. My son loved all the sweets that were in bowls around the hotel. This hotel is super warm. super friendly and the food is excellent. I would love to work in this hotel as the staff are all so happy the manager must look after them and it shows.
Good job keep it up. Our week there was the best.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank april l

Dear April L,

Many thanks for your recent comment. Its great to hear that you both enjoyed your recent stay with us. Indeed the staff are a real asset to us, & being a family owned and managed hotel allows us to treat every guest with the best service and treat every guest as an individual rather than just a number.

Hopefully it wont be long before we are welcoming you back to join us again.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Over the last five years I have stayed regularly at dr R. Always on business and always with a lot of work to do in my room. I like the staff who are friendly and welcoming. I like the bowls of sweets and chocolates lying around - not that i eat them. I like the old building with its mullioned windows and heavy doors. There are always fresh flowers in the huge rooms and the garden is neat but not the wild garden beyond which is overgrown and nettlebound. One huge benefit is an excellent car valet ting service in the car park and a beautician who works in the gym. It means both my car and me get to be neat and tidy. As I am on business for several days I also like that there is a golf course round the corner and a number of excellent walks in the surrounding fields and woods.

The food is usually very good, they cook breakfast fresh which is a lot better than having Luke warm sausages from a chafing dish as in most hotels.. The chef expriments and his food is usually at a good standard for taste, presentation and originality. Their suites are delightful and when they have the possibility they upgrade.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good- go for an upgrade their suites are delightful
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
derougemont, Head Of Marketing at De Rougemont Manor, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Sam W,

Many thanks for your kind review of the hotel. We do try our best to make sure that we not only look after our new guests but to ensure our loyal & regular guests are also always looked after.

Indeed the hotel boosts many facilities, such as the Beauty Salon & Valet Service, and of course the Swimming Pool, Tennis Courts, Saunas, Gymnasium, and now we have just opened a Fish Spa.

Our Head Chef David Fuller does make sure that all food is extremely well presented and of course cooked to his high standards. He does regularly change the menus to ensure there is always variety available for our regular guests.

Hopefully we will see you soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We held our Silver Wedding Anniversary party here in the Goldings Suite at the end of August 2012 and had the most fabulous evening. The function room was lovely, the bar staff were really superb and the food was absolutely lovely. (The hotel recommended a brilliant DJ). We have nothing but praise for the functions manager who made sure that the whole evening went like a dream. Thank you De Rougemont for making this very special day, a dream come true.

Room Tip: Request the Bridal Suite overlooking the Italian Garden.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Upminstercouple,

Many thanks for your recent review of us here at De Rougemont Manor. Its great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your function with us. Davine and the rest of the functions team really do make sure that everything is run to her high standards. Richard our in-house DJ has been with us for many years now and is always up-to date and nothing is ever too much trouble for him!!!

Hopefully we can looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Attended a birthday dinner, the decor in our private dining room was beautiful, not enougth bar staff, the quality of the buffet was good but all served cold which many people found strange, the hotel is in very good order and well decorated throughout.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear TGraddon,.

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. Indeed our Garden Lounge makes the perfect room for functions or even just relaxing with a coffee. Hopefully you had the time to experience some of the other rooms in the hotel which are also kept to the same high standard throughout. We have been a family owned hotel for 45 years now and always do everything we can to retain the character of each room.

In regards to the buffet, when you book a function with us you choose your menu and this was the menu that was choose upon booking.

Hopefully it wont be long before we can welcome you back to join us.