“Great Sushi”

Sushi City
Ranked #64 of 159 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Brentwood, Sushi City offers mouth-watering sushi cuisine. Sushi City is renowned throughout the Essex area for its divine style and presentation of traditional sushi cuisine, achieved by paying special attention to every fine detail and only using the very finest ingredients.
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We've been ordering from Sushi City frequently since the start and is very good however sometimes they slipped in the quality but still we are a fan.

• Visited December 2013

London, England, United Kingdom
“Take away”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

1st time we've used sushi city, food arrived quickly and well presented and fresh, good value for money.
Looking forward to ordering different things next time as they have an extensive menu!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Colin G
London, United Kingdom
“Unique Quality Sushi style.”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Overall very good quality & tasting Sushi in the area. Way better then #O! Sushi.

However there is a slight lingering after taste, slight mouth watering & awake effect after the meal, may suggest presence of msg, or it might be just me.

There seems to be a oil glazed look to the fish where I prefer more the fresh natural moisture appearance. Maybe this oil glaze make stuff look less raw for local taste? Don't know. Nice Sushi.

• Visited November 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Some of the best Sushi I've ever had”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Fresh sushi, great flavour combinations, the tempura prawn is my favourite. Always a good meal. I am surprised this place isn't always super busy, I think no one really knows about it yet as its off the high street.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank anna_lily00
London, England
“Pleasant surprise...”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I dined here one evening after I stumbled across a mention of it on a social media site. The menu is varied and contains many good dishes, however, why 'smoked salmon' is on the menu I will never know. In fifty years of interacting with Japanese I have never met ONE who likes 'smoked salmon' — so I can only assume it is for western taste (although not for me).

The decor is sparse and minimal which helps authenticity, but the could add more Japanese effect without compromise.

I ordered Sake Sashimi, Sake and Maguro Nigirizushi and Californian rolls — my wife went with a standard selection dish. My Sashimi had shades of ice still in the fish, but then we arrived just after 5:00pm when they opened so caught them slightly off-guard (I hope).

The overall taste of the fish was good, colour and sheen suggested the fish was quite fresh as well.

In conclusion, I intend to eat there again soon, it was quite enjoyable. Staff a warm, friendly and efficient also.

TIP: Check out parking beforehand, many yellow lines and restrictions in the area.

• Visited September 2013