“Best Italian in town”
Review of Tarantino

Tarantino
Ranked #14 of 159 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Authentic Italian food created by an Italian family, very few family run restaurants these days. Offering an authentic Italian feel with live music on a weekend.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian in town”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say...
I have been coming here for a couple of years now, and the staff just make me feel so at home and relaxed. I love the way they always recognise my voice when I call to book a table .. And then are always so kind and efficient when me and my family have lunches or dinners there. Sara the (manageress) and her staff all work so very hard and I just don't know how they do it ? I feel tiered just watching them run around but still always with a smile on there face! It's lovely because even when the chefs see me and my husband walk through the door they give us a little smile while waving at us :-)
The food is always excellent , my favourite dish has to be the skate wing when it's on special but when it's not then the king prawns with rice always does it for me.
I do have to say that I would recommend Tarantino to anyone and everyone because I just think its the best place in Brentwood to eat and unwind ! And if you go at the weekend , well it just tops it all of with the Italian singer they have.
Tarantino keep up the good work and make sure you never close down because I would be lost without you :-)))

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Luisa H

london
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“last minute change of venue”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Visited this restaurant with 4 friends after our table at GastroBurgeCo was cancelled due to staff illness. Have been many time before so knew it was good, had my favourite Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni (lovely) service good, wine cold and reasonably priced for a girls night out. My only comment is No bread stick on the table (have you stopped these now) and we had to ask for olives they weren't offered. Apart from that a good night and will definitely come again.

• Visited September 2013
“Fantastic food and service”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Visited here for lunch on a quiet Saturday afternoon and was very impressed. There was a lovely atmosphere and all of the waiting staff went above and beyond to help us. The food was delicious, with massive portions and priced well considering. We had a lovely afternoon here and we will definitely be returning. Thank you!

Bracknell, United Kingdom
“I Liked it !”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went with a group of 13 guys from work and it was great. Our waitress was very good, friendly and intelligent. The food was served in good time and was very good. The boss paid for the drinks (nic e one) and we all had a good meal. It's a little gem hidden off the main street - find it and go.

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“It was OK”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Admittedly, there was a lot of us. I was expecting a bustling Italian restaurant, which is what we got. As we were a large party, we had ordered our food in advance, excepting the dessert.
On our table was a card advertising a deal on sparkling wine. A friend and myself decided to order a bottle. Looking forward to a cold glass of bubbly, we were left gasping as others around us ordered their drinks, which arrived swiftly. After 20-30 mins, we finally managed to get hold of a waiter who was interested in listening to us. We were then told that said wine was not chilled (funny, given that it was on special and advertised on every table) and they were waiting for it to chill. OK, you might have thought but why didn't they tell us? In the end we ordered something else as I was starting to spit feathers.
The food was very samey, quite bland and very uninteresting. The service was adequate, but nothing special. You might recall that we were a large group, around 20 of us I would say. I felt so sorry for the couples that had come in to have a romantic, quiet dinner. Not sure if they have one, but in a previous existence the restaurant had an upstairs area. Might have been better to put us up there so other diners could have enjoyed their meal instead of having a troupe of loud women cackling and chortling.
Then it came the time for desert. The menu is on the wall and we had been eyeing up all night. We were then told that as part of our set meal, we could only choose from Tiramisu, ice cream and profiteroles. Quite sad really given that the other choices appeared to be pre-prepared, ordinary fare.
I'll be honest, I won't be rushing back as there are plenty of other restaurants to choose from in the local area.

• Visited July 2013