My wife and i attended the MARYGREEN MANOR HOTEL for a weekend break to celebrate our anniversary. We booked the Christmas warmer package from their website, which was easy to navigate. We arrived at the hotel on the 7th December 2013 in the afternoon and was warmly greeted by a friendly receptionist, who fully explained where our room was, to what time our dinner was booked for and where to go. We declined the very smart helper to carry our bags and made our way through the court yard to our room at the end of one of the blocks. Once inside the room we found it clean and warm and well equipped.Down side to the room was that it was looking tired and could do with a good paint over. Walls, skirting and door frames were all chipped and marked. The grout in the bathroom looked like it needed to be replaced. Down the side of the bath the grout was black from where the shower screen leaks and had done for sometime. When the toilet brush was moved the handle fell of the brush.hmmm
Once we put our things away we had a nice afternoon in BRENTWOOD shopping. Warning if you are not of good health do not walk into town due to the hill seems to go on and on. On return we got ready and had a very good dinner. We were treated very well by all the staff. The food was great and severed in great surroundings which was a very nice experience. The wine and drinks were expensive but not a surprise due to the venue. On return to our room we had a great night sleep in our king size bed. We attended the morning breakfast which was very nice and again great service. On booking out we noticed that our bar bill was not correct. The reception staff was very good on checking all the tabs against our room and found they had made a mistake. Someones tab had been placed against our room. The staff was very apologetic about this and very sorry. Over all we had a great weekend.
Good points : Staff, service surroundings and food.
Bad points : The room we stayed in needs a good paint over plus bathroom in need of a bit of maintenance. Because of this i would give it 4/5. If the rooms were up to scratch like the rest of the venue it would be 5/5.
We would go back again.:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marygreen Manor Hotel is a fine example of early sixteenth-century architecture in Brentwood, Essex. Beautifully presented and centrally located, just minutes from M25/J28, with easy access to London & the Home Counties. Our Tudor Manor House offers a variety of accommodation from Luxurious 4 Poster Tudor Suites to our Delightful Courtyard Garden Rooms. Marygreen Manor is also home to the 2AA Rosette Tudors Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marygreen Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marygreen Manor Brentwood
- Marygreen Manor Hotel Brentwood, Essex, UK