I stayed on business and had high hopes of this hotel having looked at it on the Internet. I was slightly disappointed with the room, it was mediocre. The bathroom was cold and having a garden room meant people walking past the window all night.
I had shepherds pie on the second night delivered to my room which was timely and very tasty. So much so that I ordered it again the following night. It wasn't the same.........
I had breakfast in my room the first two mornings which was fine but I decided to go to the restaurant for breakfast on my last day, big mistake. There was one lady on duty, trying to seat customers, take their orders and serve them. I struggled to get her attention to place my order and had to call her over on the end, having tried to 10 minutes. I placed my order and tea and toast were served promptly enough. By now I had been in the restaurant some 30 minutes and I was still waiting for my full English. Customers arriving after me had been served a hot breakfast and were by now on their way...I was embarrassed as they all knew that they had jumped the queue so go speak. So after 45 minutes in the restaurant I tried to get the waitress's attention........too busy for me once again. By this point I had had enough. I left the restaurant and on my way out told her that I couldn't wait any longer, that at least 6 people who had arrived after me had been fed and gone on their way. She was sorry, I was hungry. She said she would ensure that the cost of the breakfast was taken off my bill, no mention on checking out and it took 3 of them to check me out so by now I couldn't be bothered.
I travel to Brentwood regularly, this was my first stay at Marygreen manor and my last. I will go back to the well know hotel chain down the road in future. What a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marygreen Manor Hotel is a fine example of early sixteenth-century architecture in Brentwood, Essex. Beautifully presented and centrally located, just minutes from M25/J28, with easy access to London & the Home Counties. Our Tudor Manor House offers a variety of accommodation from Luxurious 4 Poster Tudor Suites to our Delightful Courtyard Garden Rooms. Marygreen Manor is also home to the 2AA Rosette Tudors Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marygreen Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marygreen Manor Brentwood
- Marygreen Manor Hotel Brentwood, Essex, UK