“Very clean, and great breakfast.”

Holiday Inn Brentwood
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Very clean, and great breakfast.”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We had 2 rooms for 2 days here and had no trouble at all. Very clean and reasonably priced by UK standards. Very spacious and good sized bathroom. The breakfast buffet was very good with lots of variety. My only complaint was the bed wasn't very soft.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Our family held a large family party at this hotel and overall the hotel did pretty well providing a good service over the weekend we stayed at this hotel. Reception staff were excellent and always helpful over the weekend. The rooms were good enough, clean comfortable. Breakfast was a bit of a shambles in terms of being seated and getting some tea and toast;however, the staff did their very best in a very busy environment, the food was ok too. Overall, we were pleased with the hotel and would use it again for any future family gatherings.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Simon M,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. Thank you again for the positive feedback feedback, we are hoping that you give us the pleasure of hosting your next stay in Brentwood.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I find it incredibly frustrating when there are not enough staff on duty when the hotel occupancy level is known. A get what you pay for hotel. Situated just off the M25 the location is ideal for travel in or around Essex. The rooms can be hit and miss ( I have stayed here a few times) re modern look & feel. The hotel itself could do with a facelift, but if you can get a room rate of £80-£90, you can accept the down side.

• Stayed September 2013
HotelTeamBrentwood, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Brentwood. I do regret that you felt that there were not enough staff to serve you during your stay. The hotel's convenient location does mean that the lounge & bar area can become unexpectedly busy with visitors who are not actually staying with us, and from time to time this may catch us unaware. Please accept our apologies for any disappointment caused.

I am delighted to confirm that we are currently undergoing some refurbishment at present to update some areas of the hotel. Thank you for your review and we look forward to greeting you again in the future.
Yours sincerely, Phil Lockwood, General Manager
Market Weighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The desk staff were friendly,helpful,polite and keen to ensure that I had a good stay, however the usual banging on my door by the cleaner before 9am spoilt the experience - I wasn't in bed or in the shower, I was working, but I object to being hounded out of my room well before check out time - a regular occurrence at the Holiday Inns - I realise that I could put a do not disturb sign on the door, but I think there must be a more sensitive way of understanding whether a room has been vacated or not with the technology we have these days.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Drumaqueen_MW,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and delighted thatyou have an overall positive guest experience.

On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience our housekeeping staff has caused you. I assure you that this is not the usual practice in our hotel and rest assured that your comments will be used for future updated where possible.

Your feedback is indeed of utmost importance to us and actions will be taken to ensure our guests continue to enjoy superlative levels of service, comfort & security that they expect when staying at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and your business. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

we booked this hotel for a trip to brentwood fri-sun. handy enough to everthing if you are doing the hole 'towie' thing. about 25minute walk to high street or £6 in a taxi... staff on reception where so much help. got late check out for FREE!!!rooms so clean and modern really good hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
østfol
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here one night with my daughter. Friendly welcome, helpful staff, nice and clean room, Good beds. Hotel staff helped me to get in contact by phone, as my mobil phone didn't work in that area (might be caused by my Norwegian operators UK co-partner). Breakfast excellent, with eggs,bacon,beans,toast,jam.ham....included in room price!
The swimming pool was lovely, and the jacouzzy even better. The picture of the pool don't tell the truth - it is FAR more better than the picture. We really enjoyed the stay. A bit negative was the WiFi charge, and the noise from the motorway nearby.

For a bargain, less than £100 a night, I found Holiday Inn Brentwood, for excellent. I will absolut stay here again even if it is a bit away from central London.

Room Tip: book a room opposite to the Motorway if possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here on buisness, Monday to Friday on several weeks through May, June, July and August 2013.

Located just off junction 28 of the M25, it's ideal for most locations in Essex and East London although the M25 get's very busy at peak times.Large car park which is well lit. Reception area is very welcoming and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. Check in is fast and simple. One side of the hotel is facing the busy A12 so I always requested one of the even number rooms which are on the quieter car park side. There is also an extension which doesn't seem as well built as the main building and sound carries more.

Rooms are a little above avarage for this type of hotel and generally clean. A few cobwebs and dusty corners were found during my various stays though. The usual dressing table with draws, mirror, table lamp, chair and large flat screen HD tv (the pay per view movies are expensive). A separate chair and small table in the corner of the room and two bedside cabinets. A wardrobe near the door with small fridge which you can use to store drinks (no charge), tea and coffe making facilities and usually a trouser press, although some rooms were missing the fridge or trouser press. A large very comfortable bed gave a good night's sleep.

The shower/bathroom was kept spotlessly clean and towels were changed every day, if required. A good shower curtain, floor towel and non slip bath mat were very useful. Heated towel rail in some rooms but not others.

The bar is ok but drinks aren't the cheapest (£8 for a glass of wine £3.50-£4 for pints). Lounge wifi access was available but full wifi was chargeable. Food in the resteraunt was very expensive for the portion sizes. The curries are great, especially the curry buffet, and the carvery were best value for money. I had a sirloin steak once but it was very poor quality. A colleague returned his twice. The staff are very helpfull and polite but sometimes took too long to serve the food or drinks.

I required early breakfast (4-5am) which they did on request. However, you could only get cereal, toast, fruit juice, and sometimes fresh fruit, yoghurt and pancakes. No full english at that time of the day. Sometimes you had to wait for the lights to be turned on!

There is a health club which is free to access if you are a resident. A small gym with several running machines, cycles, 2 cross trainers and 1 rower. Some of the machines are held together with tape! Several weight training machines and some free weights with benches. A small swimming pool, spa, steam room and sauna in the changing rooms. Towels and lockers are provided, staff are friendly and will give advice if requested.

All in all, I probably would not stay here if I was paying with my own money. I am sure I could find something much better for the price or much cheaper with the same level of facilities.

Room Tip: Even rooms are on the quiter car park side. Rooms in the extension are also a little noisier.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
De Rougemont Manor
Gidea Park Hotel
Gidea Park Hotel
#3 of 6 in Romford
Travelodge London Romford

Been to Holiday Inn Brentwood? Share your experiences!