“PRICEY DRINKS! But good stay”

Holiday Inn Brentwood
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
“PRICEY DRINKS! But good stay”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We arrived in brentwood from our crazy journey catching trains buses and tubes so when me and my friend got there we just wanted to get in our room and chill out!! We was 50minutes early to check in but she didn't bat an eyelid and the check in took 2minutes and gave us our door cards which was great the room was a great size everything was clean and the bed was comfy we had stuff to make a drink but no tea bags!! After getting ready we went to the bar before we left to go to the not so classy sugarhut! The drinks are very pricey but good service, the check out was also quick too and was very nice! Although i may add i did use the internet - £5 for an hour!!! A bit pricey for internet when alot of hotel chains do free wi-fi but i will be going back to visit brentwood again!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Sammiehills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here in March for a training course, but have stayed here many times before, its a good Holiday Inn and I would definitely recommend it, with a special recommendation for Zoe who helped me out with some emergency printing I needed doing.

• Stayed March 2013
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here with my friends last year for a night out in Essex and I'd stay here gain for sure! The hotel staff were friendly & helpful, the room was a good size (there were 3 of us in the room and we didn't feel crampt) & really clean the rest of the hotel was well kept/well presented. Brentwood high street is just up the road, where you can find the Sugar Hut, Amy Childs salon, Minnies boutique plus others shops, bars and restaurants.
Overall this was really good value for money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank MissScatty
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The welcome at this hotel was great- Room very clean and quiet. Quality of the food is really good. Breakfast staff were amazing! How refreshing (and I mean this in a none racial discriminated way) to have local people working in a local hotel! The ladies were great, never let tea or coffee go empty. The gym was nice and the hotel staff for dinner were helpful with a request that wasn't one they had every day. The fodo (i'm assuming the same at all holiday inns) is still microwaved and fried bought in stuff, but, is of great quality and served with a flare so it looks really good too. I would definitely return to this holiday inn.

Room Tip: It's a but of a maze in this hotel! request to be on the first floor close to the lifts.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Croydon
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night when going to Sugar Hut. We had previously stayed in the Travelodge Brentwood, but decided to try this hotel as its much closer to Brentwood High Street (only £6.50 in a cab).

We booked a family room for 3 adults, which had a double bed and double sofa bed. The room was clean, and comfortable just what we needed for an overnight stay.

The reception staff were really welcoming on our arrival, and provided all the info we needed for our stay.

We had breakfast included in our room rate. The breakfast was ok, though could have been a bit warmer and the buffet should be monitored as the ran out of items which then took ages to be refilled. However the waitress staff were really friendly and provided a good service.

Would stay here again when going to Sugar Hut, just right for an over night stay :-)

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Denby, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Very disappointed with this hotel. Found the staff attitude to be appalling. Slow service in the evening at the bar, mainly due to not enough staff on. Communication was also a barrier, as English wasn't the first language of the staff working that night. We had the awkward scenario of having to account for our drinks and meals individually and as there were almost 20 of us this did take a bit of organising. The waiter huffed and puffed his way through it though, making it clear that he wasn't happy! Breakfast was an experience with some of us being completely ignored by the lady offering tea and coffee, and depending on where you sat the staff constantly bumped into you (without apology) as the tables were too close together. Having said that I did enjoy an early morning swim; pool area and showers overdue for refurb but still ok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear 5LW,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The title says it all really.
Firstly I am an Intercontinental Ambassador and stay in hotels all around the world. This establishment falls within one of the worst I have ever had the misfortune to stay in.
The website is somewhat decieving and when you do finally arrive in charmless Essex you will see what I mean.
It's January, been snowing and they haven't made the effort to even clear a pathway for their patrons.
Receptionist does nothing to enthuse me and I am not greeted as I am normally. I get given my room key after asking for a CC authorisation despite my Abassador file having an active number loaded. Just as she remembers I get a voucher for a drink and snack at the bar.
When I have walked to the far end of the hotel I reach my delapidated room. Once inside I overlook even more of an uncleared car park.
By this point I just want to get out of this place. I order room service and unpack.
Bedding was frayed and air conditioning faulty.
The food arrives with not much service.
I eat, I sleep and wake up early the next morning to depart.
Little did I expect a queue before 5am in the morning and more so someone who has to spread their small hotel bill over multiple credit cards. Sums up the area really.
Would not recommend or stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear TrumpLasVegasNV,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. I am deeply sorry you received services that was less than satisfactory. We are hospitality professionals and pride ourselves on delivering world class service. You are welcome to send an email regarding the details of your experience at IHGCare@ihg.com.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Brentwood hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
De Rougemont Manor
Holiday Inn Basildon
Holiday Inn Basildon
#5 of 7 in Basildon
Travelodge London Romford

Been to Holiday Inn Brentwood? Share your experiences!