Holiday Inn Brentwood
  • Restaurant
The Austin Hotel(Hornchurch)
Devonshire Hotel(Hornchurch)
View Hotel
All reviewsmars barglass of wineleisure facilitieshen weekendexecutive roomcomfy bedstayed here for one nightfamily roomplenty of parkingtown centreyogurtgymcrunchiemotorwayjunctiongemmabarman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I recently stayed in the hotel for a week and a half for a business trip. The overall experience was very poor.

The hotel is very dated and just old. The bed is very poor and not comfortable. The couch in the room was very worn and not comfortable. The window glass is thin and it seemed like it was open, such that I could hear everything in the car park.

The hallways and stairwells are also dated and dirty. I often saw dishes in the hall (from room service); the same dishes in the morning that I saw the night before. In the stairwell there was a ketchup packet on a step when I checked in, and it was still there when I checked out.

It snowed during my stay, and the hotel made no effort to clear the snow. Days after, it was still there, and we had to trudge through the slush on the way to the car.

The restaurant was good, but expensive for the food, and level of service. The Hotel does have a nice gym.

As a IHG Gold member, I have stayed in numerous Holiday Inn Hotels around the world, and this was, by far, the worst.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear dbier,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I had about 100 guests there 2-3 year's ago thought that the location was ideal as everyone was coming from every location and because it was a hotel guests were able to stay the night at a reasonable rate.
I'll start with the food the meat was supposed to be carved and was sliced with a meat slicer much like you'd see in a deli.the host was unable to cope and the waiting staff took half an hour to serve each course even though it was a preset menu.I was the groom and asked for some water with my food which took 15 minutes to arrive none of the tables were given water.only having one barman meant that there was a long wait at the bar there wasn't enough staff to cope with the demand and when I went to the kitchen too have a look I found one cook working on his own.the buffet was served an hour after the wedding breakfast to my shock and found the rice to be overcooked and the other items on the menu to be possibly knocked together probably 2 days before as the was no distinction from the vegetables and meat in the sauces(Chinese).I found out that there was another function on in the next room they started using our evening buffet then. I complained the morning after to a member of staff she said they were under staffed as they had another function (60th birthday).due too our honey moon I thought Id leave it until I was back to complain and I was told that the children were a nuisance and because I had not complained on the day I was not entitled to a refund and I was to be charged for the bottle of champagne and the room in which I had negotiated as a deal for the whole package.I hadn't even asked for the champagne to be left on the bed with two wine glasses!in addition this chef was also catering for another party at the same time so he was doing 100 plus at the least another 40 my disbelief in short cuts that the chef had to make after paying 7k + for a job poorly done astounds me.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear hairyspaniard,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. Please accept my sincerest apology for the unacceptable service you received and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details regarding your stay. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I use this hotel on a regular basis and stay here with my kids. Yes, sometimes it's a little noisy, but then where isn't in the price bracket, but the staff and managers have always been extremely helpful and accommodating. If there is an issue, I have talked it through and it has always been resolved amicably. The bar and restaurant are a nice and informal, friendly environment, and always make my boys feel welcome.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2012

It is an average hotel which is located just near to M25, but the service is below standard. For them, people from one country belong to one group, so if one indian does anything absurd, they think that whole Indian are not worth of staying in their hotel. The dont provide any cooking facility in the room but think a person can cook his meal in electric kettle which is provided for Tea/ Coffee. Due to this thinking they took the kettle from my room and the excuse was that when I stayed earlier I cook in the room and broke the kettle, whereas this is the first time I was in UK. Second I took the laundry service from then and that time I was told that I could pay at the time of checking out, but after few days, they block the access to my room and the reason was that I had to pay for the laundry service I took earlier before my keys are activate again. The wall are so thin, that everytime anyone talk outside your room during night you can hear their voice. I have been to US also several time and stayed in their group hotel- staybridge suites and even to some of Marriot Properties, but never seen this type of service.

Room Tip: Dont know as I haven`t seen other room, but mine was not good
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AnandJai
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear AnandJai,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We are happy you found the location suitable. I apologize the experience you received was less than satisfactory. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience you experienced due to the services received. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Receptionist was very rude and off hand when we checked in. We had 5 rooms booked for my friends hen night, this does not mean that we were badly behaved or inconsiderate to other guests. The rooms were very shabby and dated, there was blood on the bed sheet and carpet of one of the rooms. The room the bride was in had a shower that did not work and reception would do nothing about it as they said they were fully booked.

We ordered a pizza and burger costing £12 each from room service that took 2 hours to appear. When we returned to our rooms at about 12pm after our night out the heating was off and our rooms were freezing. The dirty plates from the burger and pizza were still outside our room from about 4PM. We tried to call housekeeping to get some heating but no one picked up, reception was also unmanned.

This has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We booked Holiday Inn because we thought it would be of a good standard, I will never stay at one of their hotels again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, we wish we had stayed with our original choice of a Premier Inn
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sam m
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear sam m,

Thank you for your feedback of our property. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I deeply regret that we fell below your expectations on this day, especially with the room accommodations you received and issues experienced at check in. Your comments will be used to improve our efforts.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.