“Ideal for groups”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012

11 of us ate here inbetween Christmas and New Year, the restaurant is laid out well for large groups. The service was OK although there were a couple of minor issues like Irish Whiskey missing from one of the Irish Coffee's, but I think that was a genuine mistake.
We purchased a lot of Red & White wine by the bottle, the selection wasnt bad although the Sancere at £30 a bottle was at best average. They only sold the 'house' wine by the glass which I thought was a bit poor considering they were clearly trying to tout themselves at the 'higher end' of the Indian Restaurant world.
I asked all my friends what they thought of the food, most said that the Starters were average and prefered their main course, the Nan Breads and popadum starters were rated quite high and I tended to agree. The restaurant was quite empty the night we attended which meant the lounge bar upstairs was closed, the restaurant staff failed to inform me of this in advance despite me asking over the phone when booking if we could visit the bar after our meal.
All in all, If I lived in the area and there was a big group of us i would probably go again however I don't so not sure I would bother next time.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Attended on a Saturday event for a birthday. Excellent food, service and venue. Would recommend. Children also loved the decor with all the bubble features!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Don't be fooled by the lovely decor of this place, yes it looks great. But the fact is this is possibly the worst curry house in Essex.

On a weds evening with the place about one third full 2 of us have just waited 30 mins for 2 popadoms and 90 mins for mains- chased the food twice only to be told it was "coming". We really should have left .....

The food was bland, with mains were watery and boring with no seasoning or flavour of any kind. A real disappointment.

Then half way through the main a waiter comes up and explains the reason for the delay was that the chefs were busy playing on their phones... also that I should try his cousins place down the road ... ?! Are you kidding me ? I hadn't even finished the main in his place of work !!!

Manager offered a couple of free drinks half heartedly at the end but by then I was too blindsided to stay. Avoid !!!

3  Thank djl81
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Lovely open Indian restaurant, nice atmosphere and food was good too. Somewhat pricey though! Waiters tend to push the drinks rather than the food.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have been to this restaurant 4 times now and never disappointed.

Myself, wife and another couple went last night and again the service was excellent, we tried some of the house specialities, dishes I have never had before and they were excellent, it will make me a little more adventurous in Indian restaurants in future.

A very enjoyable night out