“Great Service, Great Food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Brentwood Brasserie
Ranked #101 of 166 Restaurants in Brentwood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Went to the Brentwood Brassiere with friends last night for the first time. The food was excellent and the service was efficient and friendly.

I had the scallops for starter and the Coquilles St. Jacques, both were fantastic.

My friends had mussels to start and either duck, steak or chicken for their main course. I tried all three dishes and again thought all were excellent.

Well worth a visit. I will be going back.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

been going for5 years and hope to keep going for another 5
5**

1  Thank debbieXphil
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Tiger prawns and lush and really nice. Staff were so polite and helpful on choice. Hubby loved Cod and good selection. We went back for a lunch menu which was such good value for money with baby!! Totally recommend for nice good value meal rare to find such a classy place for price!

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Visited with my family and was a little dissapointed. The food is quite good, but when you are looking at a meal that is costing £150 for four people you expect the little extras to make it a special meal, otherwise its just a bite to eat and you can get that a lot cheaper elsewhere.
I thought the service was bad, call me old fashioned but if you are going for dinner with premium prices, you dont expect to be served by teenagers who dont really have a clue how to serve.
Some examples of the service are as follows, incredibly wobbly table with drinks spilling all the time, no cutlery for mains and desserts, no side plates for mains and desserts, collected our own from neighbouring tables on three occasions, table cluttered and never cleared not even the shells from prawns were taken away, no knowledge of the menu, too many items out of stock, poor quality coffee, a double espresso is a single with more water, traffic noise via open front doors, not child friendly when assured they were (£15 dish for a 4yr old). I could go on but I wont.

I know I am sounding fussy but I cannot prevent feeling let down and out of pocket. I would accept the above but not at the prices they charge.

Unfortunately I will not be returning because there are plenty of restaurants that make the occasion and when leaving you think you pay that little extra but its worth every penny, not here though.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I have visited this restaurant on a number of occasions for lunch and have always received a good standard of food, served by pleasant staff. One is warmly welcomed and served well throughout the meal. The lunchtime special menu is excellent value and what I usually go for - either two or three courses although the portions are generous so I don't always manage a dessert. This is one of the few decent establishments in my opinion in Brentwood. I shall continue to visit it on a regular basis.