“Good, reliable, standard Prezzo”
Review of Prezzo - Braintree

Prezzo - Braintree
Ranked #19 of 129 Restaurants in Braintree
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2014

With Prezzo restaurants you can more or less expect the same standard across the board and this one was no different. The staff were not the brightest sparks and a little slow with taking orders and serving in general.

Restaurant was clean, food was good value for money. Good for an inexpensive bite to eat.
Drinks had gone up quite a bit since my last visit, particularly for the Braintree area but I'm assuming this may be because they do so many offers and vouchers now?

I do not tend to go out of my way to eat at Prezzo but it is good to rely on for a nice meal after shopping or as a last minute dash out so I will return for this use.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Visited last week (half term) - arrived at 12 noon second in queue. Told them we were seeing movie at 1, we chose our food quickly, asked for kids starters and main to arrive together.
We had main course only ; Italian burger. 36 minutes later food arrived.
Food and service ok ;" more drinks... Food ok ??"
Then kids wanted desert - ice cream, waited 14 minutes for 2 scoops each of ice cream. Kids ate but felt rushed as we wanted to catch movie.
Used offer (kids eat free) which was good - third visit, both previous have been better, shame. Will maybe try again in future but allow 1.5 hrs for lunch

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Having visited here 20th February 2014, couldnt fault the staff, food and service, but will rerely eat in this chain due to their beer prices, unless they have lager on draught. which is shown on their menu, but small print states where available, you have to buy it by the bottle, so for 660ml bottle they charge £6.15 which when you can buy 3 for £5 in most supermarkets is an absolute rip off, when you think even at that price supermarkeyts are making a profit. Isnt it about time all their restaurants did draught. They are not a cheap restaurant but their ability to overcharge on drinks is not acceptable, Check drink prices on line before you go, their are similar places nearby that are less of a rip off,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I visited on 21st January 2014 with my girlfriend for lunch.
Staff were very friendly and restaurant had a good atmosphere with more diners than I had expected considering the time we went. We didn’t need to book a table and food was quick to arrive after making our order.

Toilets were very lean and unisex units which is not usual for the Prezzo restaurants I use regularly. It made a nice change and was good to have your own privacy.

The food we had was very nice and well presented, we both had pasta for our main.

For the time of year, I would have hoped that the air conditioning may have been turned off, but unfortunately not, as the cold air blowing from the air vents made it a chilly lunch with my girlfriend having to put her scarf on towards the end of the meal.

The restaurant is perfectly located within walking distance of Freeport Designer Village.
We would come back again.

1  Thank Robert T
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Pasta is rubbish, I could make it myself. I had spicy tiger prawns, what I got was over cooked spaghetti with pre-made sweet chilli sauce stirred through and about 3 prawns. The atmosphere was chaotic and loud, for some reason this particular restaurant is always full of families with young kids, which is totally fine, but as a couple I suggest you go late in the evening to avoid tripping over buggies and screaming kids. Being sat by the kitchen didn't help (chef shouting, plates crashing). I couldn't hear my partner speaking so we left before finishing our mains. It was all a bit pants really.