“Fabulous !”

Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Braintree
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Had an amazing lunch for my husbands birthday, very attentive staff and super food, the Skate was absolutely delicious .. Will definitely be back again.... Thank you

1  Thank Mrs_Picky1

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Visited here with 7 others on Saturday evening, the food was lovely, there was a lovely ambiance, our waitress was so helpful and couldnt do enough for us, every body enjoyed their food and the evening, highly recommended.

1  Thank Charlotteb73
Reviewed February 15, 2014

A lovely valentine evening. Food and atmosphere fantastic. Thank you for the gluten free understanding.

1  Thank HumphreyCushion
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Ate here with family in late Jan 14. Restaurant was quite busy with a good atmosphere. We went straight to the table but the bar area is very small so only good (IMHO) for small parties.
Waitress took our drinks order, but had to come back as she forgot some items. My daughter asked for a child's crayon pack and I was pleasantly surprised that they had such things.

The menu was a choice between the Lunch Roast and the A-La-Carte. We all had the roast and were not disappointed. The food was hot and very tasty, clearly made with attention to detail. Puddings were of a like quality and well presented.

Agree the wines are a bit top heavy but the bottle we had was very good. I did not use the other 'facilities' so cannot comment on them.
Overall this was a very pleasant place to spend a family meal and I do not agree with the previous review of 24th Jan.

1  Thank Scott H
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We have just returned home from 47 The Street having eaten there for the first time. Expectations were high given the other excellent reviews on trip advisor however we were sadly disappointed. The restaurant was clean and pleasant and they staff were very friendly although perhaps a little too eager to take our order. The food however was very poor. Starters were average, we ordered one baked Camembert which at almost £8.00 was a bit of a joke. The Scallops and Chorizo special was lovely but pricey at over £10. Now begins the disappointing part. We both had rib eye steak which was supposed to have been served with a bernaise sauce. What it actually came with was a solid lump of butter. We hadn't actually had bernaise before but I'm not a novice at cooking and I know that bernaise isn't too far off hollandaise which I have had many many times. Still when I questioned the waiter he said maybe they'd made a mistake - no apology mind you! We then asked the waitress who said that it was bernaise and it was supposed to be served tepid so that it didn't split. It seems they failed to notice that we had been served something ice cold! The three times cooked chips were also sadly lacking - unfortunately they were soggy and rather limp. Still we persevered and moved onto desert ordering pecan nut pie and brioche bread and butter pudding. The latter had to be sent back as I received a dish filled with bread and very little egg custard - even the waitress said it wasn't normal for it to look like that. I couldn't be bothered to try anything else as my husband's pecan pie was ok but nothing more than that. All in all £100 later we left feeling very deflated. We were desperately hoping to find this to be a decent place we could visit with friends and family especially as It is on our doorstep. I'm sorry to write this review but we both feel a little cheated and out of pocket for something that was not a good experience. Hopefully the chef was just having an off day but we won't be returning to find out.

5  Thank M C