“The top restaurant in the area.”
Review of 47 The Street

47 The Street
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Braintree
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We tried this restaurant tonight for e first time tonight, for my birthday.
From the moment we walked through the door you could feel the friendly ambience of the restaurant.
The staff were friendly and helpful, "they made you feel at home"
The food was excellent, two of us had scallops and two had salmon, all top food.
Then my wife had lambs liver, and I had jumbo prawns in garlic, all was excellent.

This is a restaurant you have to try, you will not be disappointed

The food was so good, we have already booked Christmas Day.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our first visit here certainly surpassed expectations. It was very busy but the food was fresh, well cooked and service was excellent. We will definitely be back!!

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Visited on 12/9/13 lovely food, great service and just a generally nice relaxed atmosphere. Food wasn't rushed out and you weren't in and out in an hour like most places! 47 The Street will do very well!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

£7.95 for a glass of house wine.

£8.95 for a starter, asked if we could have it as a main meal, told we could, cost £ 16.95 . Same size as the people on the table next to us who had it as a starter.

Desert. Solid biscuit base in a sundae dish wish loads of cream on top

Coffee. Luke warm at best.

4  Thank Sheila R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I went on a very busy Saturday night. We were shown to a table, we asked if we could change, no problem abd were given a table at the front. The place is very attractive with a good outdoor area at the back.

Service was exceptional and prices excellent.

I had the garlic prawns to start which were great.

For main I had a rib eye steak. It was cooked perfectly and excellent quality.

My wife asked if she could have prawns with the pasta instead of crab and they said yes without quimble.

Good bottle of wine, great coffee. This is a place I will return to.

Try it ! It was and is a great place.