“Overnight stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Braintree
united kingdom
“Overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed at the White Hart Hotel first time around, 3 years ago and in the newer side of the building. Overall it was a pleasant stay...BUT this time round it was lovely, it has had a refurb,our room was in the old building and was stunning, bath room beautiful, beds comfy, good size family room. Breakfast was delicious, evening meal I had pasta, was over cooked in microwave. Yes bar prices are, we think pricey but we still had a lovely stay, Would definitely go again

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the old building, above reception
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve B, General Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Sonia

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for writing a review and we hope to see you again (but don't leave it 3 years next time!).

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Another pleasant evening spent in the White Hart with friends/family. Usually have the set menu which is really good value for money and a nice wine recommend by staff and we have not been disappointed with their choice. Staff, as usual, were friendly and attentive. Will be back again soon.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Steve B, General Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
I am very pleased that you have enjoyed another visit to the White Hart. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stay at Old English Inns regularly and found The White Hart Hotel to be typical of the standards expected. The hotel was in the centre of the town and very convenient for the shops, banks and pubs (nice Wetherspoons a few minutes walk away), The building was lovely, and bar and restaurant areas pleasant. The bedrooms were clean and comfortable but bathroom could do with a bit of TLC. We ate at the hotel on the first night and the food was nice and good value for money but the staff were very busy and although friendly they looked very stressed. Breakfasts as usual were lovely. I was not disappointed and will continue to use Old English Inns.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Kate

Thank you for your review - we always appreciate constructive feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad that you are a fan of Old English Inns and hope that you visit us again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I have popped in a few times in the past - but it has not always been our first option. Reasons have been around cost, varying standards of staff and a mediocre service. We popped in for sunday lunch with family - since it had been refurbished, we decided to give it another go. I was pleasantly surprised, the decor looks much better - not so old and tired like before, service from staff was much better.
The roasts were great - I was pleased with the roast pork, the gravy was a bit salty though.
All in all, the improvement as been significant - let's hope it stays that way.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Steve B, General Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Michelle

I am very pleased that you came back to the White Hart since the refurbishment - it really has done wonders for the hotel. I am also glad that you enjoyed your Sunday roast dinners, which we serve all day every Sunday. I'm sorry that the gravy was salty for you and will check with the kitchen team that this does not happen again. We hope you come back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

A large group of us stayed here recently for a friend's wedding, and the hotel staff were extremely accommodating and really made our stay stress free. We arrived early at around 10.30am (so we could check in and get ready) and obviously this was way before normal check in time. The staff went out of their way to prepare a room straight away and we were in the room by 11am. The hotel was really reasonable, £35 for a double room plus breakfast, and an early check-in with no hassle!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Rachel

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay here recently. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit and that the team were able to assist you and your party to have a fantastic wedding celebration. We hope that you come back to visit us.
essex
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

stayed one night, room was cold, tea and coffe in cupboard so did not find them till we checked out, why not put them out on the table ?
b/fast in the morning had to wait 1 hour, other people turn up after me and got them first ?
when we did get b/fast cold food.
seems not enough staff, hotel rooms all full, will not go back sorry

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Steve B, General Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. I do appreciate your comments and thank you for taking the time to post them. We are always happy to deal with any issues that you have at the time of your visit so that we have an opportunity to resolve them there and then. Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention and, once again, I am sorry that you were disappointed.

Travelers are raving about these Braintree hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Pity, but not much has changed. Ate with my family and although the meals were nice the drinks service was really poor, half my party waited 30 minutes at least for their initial drink after ordering from the waiter at the table, I didn't as I fetched my own from the bar. We tried to get more drinks but again it took for ever. I also noticed queues of people waiting for drinks, not just restaurant customers but people who had just come for a drink. It really is quite dire but they do not seem to want to do anything about it, shame as otherwise it is a nice meal, quite local and I would use it more often.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review of your visit. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the drinks service in the restaurant and we will work to address this issue. We are always keen to hear how we can improve and we are more than happy to hear from you at the time of your visit so that we can resolve the matter for you there and then. I hope that you do return to see the improvement and thank you again for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Premier Inn Braintree
#1 of 1 in Halstead
Essex Golf & Country Club
Essex Golf & Country Club
#1 of 2 in Earls Colne

Been to White Hart Hotel? Share your experiences!