“Good place at Freeport”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Nando's is actually outside of the shopping complex but in a long line of eating places in the main car park opposite.

This was only the second time that I have been to a Nando's, the other being in Chelmsford. As a venue thsi was far better.

Service was very good and the food was tasty and hot and resonable price.

Worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for Nando's

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Amazing as usual, Nandos is quality :)
I Will definitely keep on returning and recommending to people
Always good taste and good offers :)

1  Thank Wells992
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Fab food, tasty chicken cooked to perfection. The seating was good nice lively atmosphere. If you have never been to a Nandos before the staff here are friendly and very willing to explain things.
The food arrived so fast, just great to break up a great shopping trip to Freeport just across the road.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have never really been a fan of Nando's as I always felt it was to expensive for 'Chicken'. however having been there 3 or 4 times now its growing on me. The food is always good quality and some of deals for 2 work out reasonable value especially when you through in free refills. The only downside is the order process which I still hate with a passion. I would much rather be served and this is especially a problem when you are in a large group.

Overal , good food , nice and clean and the kids seem to love it.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is my first experience of Nandos and sadly, I was disappointed.
I phoned to book a table for 14 people on a Tuesday at 4.30pm for my daughter's birthday (her choice of restaurant). The man on the telephone seemed less than interested in taking any of my details and needless to say when we arrived at the restaurant no-one knew anything about us! Luckily at that time it wasn't busy and our party was accommodated easily.
Then came the ordering process!!! I realise that it is expected that you order your meals at the till and for small parties this wouldn't be a problem, but there were 14 of us! We were the ONLY occupied table at that time and there were so many of us it would have been nice if someone had come out from behind the till and taken our order at the table, or AT LEAST offered me a pen and piece of paper to write it down! Instead equipped with a Nando's crayon and old till receipt from my handbag I managed to get everyone's order correct (luckily I have 10 years of waitressing experience on my side).
The lady at the till was not rude but not particularly welcoming and kept communication with me to a bare minimum (she read back my order and ask for payment but failed to mention that soft drinks were 'help yourself' for example).
Having been in the restaurant for over 15 mins and not sat down once yet, I was beginning to wonder if I was going to be expected to cook the food myself as well! However, the meals were served very quickly, were adequate and enjoyed by all, although portions were on the small side and especially the chips which were ridiculously rationed.
Once the plates were cleared, by a friendly member of staff, after the main course was completed it took over 30mins and further prompting from me before desserts were served by which time the children and, in all honesty, the adults in the group were getting fed up with the wait.
I really do feel that Nandos (in Braintree at least) should state that they do not cater for large groups or parties as in my experience they do not! I am just glad we were there on Tuesday and not a busy night like a Friday or Saturday!

12  Thank BCandCo

Been to Nando's? Share your experiences!