“Nice place - needs a little work for vegetarian customers”

Chimichanga - Braintree
Ranked #63 of 126 Restaurants in Braintree
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Nice place - needs a little work for vegetarian customers”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been to this restaurant twice now. Very nice environment and food. The staff cannot be faulted. The only area I feel could be improved is the vegetarian options on the menu. Vegetarian options are clearly indicated but choice is minimal using the same ingredients for each dish (not so good if you don't like mushroom)..

Overall still a good experience.

• Visited April 2013

Witham, United Kingdom
“Boring”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Boring tex mex menu, they dont even do sides of different salsas or guacamole! Its just a poor colour by numbers mexican. Wheres the originality, if i wanted this unadventurous stuff id knock up some El Paso from Tesco in half the time at home!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Andrew W
Braintree, United Kingdom
“Bad birthday experience :(”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I love this restaurant - or I did.

I booked this for my birthday meal as it is my fave. Booked 3 weeks in advance for a table of 9 on a Saturday at 8pm.

I arrived before my friends who were running late and no table. The woman took my name, I told her I had booked, she said yes and then walked off and started unfolding tables right in front of the bar near the entrance - practically in front of the door. She put 2 small tables together for 9 of us - it couldn't even fit 6! 15 minutes later standing in the door she says 'there u go'. I apologised but explained that there was no way 9 people could ever fit round that table and asked why one wasn't set up. She said they were busy - it showed!

Anyway she squashed in another table and we all sat down finally at 8:25! She did kindly give 2 bottles of wine free as an apology but it was really not going to make up for it.

Rest of the night was a disaster! MASSIVELY understaffed & I felt really sorry for them but it was apparent in the atmosphere they were short staffed. Our drinks say on the bar for 15 minutes, just inches away from us. In the end my friend went and took them off the bar but there were trays of drinks I saw sitting there for even longer.

Service terrible despite their efforts, slow, food average, not enjoyable at all :(

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bubbalou-x
Lubrin, Spain
“Average food,overpriced drinks and poor management”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The restaurant has recently been revamped and looks attractive. Unfortunately that really is as far as the good things go. The food is fair but not better than most people would prepare at home and service is unsatisfactory mainly it would appear due to poor management.
We went midweek and were given a table in the middle of the restaurant. Things at first seemed ok and our drinks were brought quickly. However from there things went down hill. Although just a chain restaurant the prices are steep for the amount of food provided. This seems to have been reduced since the revamp. Our original waitress disappeared halfway through the meal and no one it appeared was asked to replace her.. Post 9pm a skeleton staff appeared to be left to cope ( which they could not do) and matters were made worse by the fact that the 2 ladies who appeared to be managing the place decided to go and sit at a table near the bar and eat themselves. Both brought plates of food out of the kitchen which were piled far higher than any served to customers and both proceeded to eat. One constantly using her phone and with her feet up on a seat!!!.Whilst they were doing that the young man left to serve everyone simply could not cope and we had to wait for everything including the bill.
I did not make a fuss at the time as we celebrating a birthday and I did not want to ruin the evening but I certainly will not be returning in the future.

• Visited March 2013
Majorca, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“must go”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

i loved everything about it is really well layed out the food is brilliant ! going is a must have i really recomend going to this faboulious day not to be missed all people welcome freking awsome

Visited August 2012