Blackwater Alpacas & Pygmy Goats
Review Highlights
Personalised and unique pre-booked your. Highly recommend.

This Alpaca Experience is pre-bookable only as it's situated on a working farm and I could not... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
MKempthorne
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Pre-Book. Lovely family fun experience

Pre-Arranged a visit for my family of 5 - 3 kids (18, 16,10). Great fun trekking with the Alpacas... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
ZurichBlue
Zurich

All reviews goat pre book junior farm alpaca trek walking experience an amazing experience private farm farm experience bottle feeding fun experience personal experience lovely hosts open farm safety talk private tour lovely morning answered all of our questions
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had an amazing time walking a small group of alpacas through a scenic woodland nearby the farm! Afterwards we were able to visit the pygmy goats, and meet the female alpacas (who were very excited when they saw food!). The extra surprise of Goat Fishing was an added bonus too!

Fantastic experience for the whole family and alpaca lovers alike! Make sure you pre-book your place and don't miss out!

1  Thank lewisball97
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a PRE BOOKED gift for my 18th birthday and it was not a let down! Myself, my mum and my friend had an amazing time walking alpacas, fishing for goats (definitely a very fun experience), cuddling the female alpacas and bottle feeding the goat kids. I highly recommend to all, the two owners are absolutely lovely and I look forward to visiting again at some point soon!

1  Thank libbyredman25
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Be advised, this is a pre-bookable experience on a private farm NOT an open farm. If you turn up unannounced, you’ll find the gates locked as Glen and Claire are busy tending their animals!
The Alpaca trekking experience was a gift to my soon to be 18 yo daughter and friend and because of insurance and health and safety, I needed to attend. I think at the end of it, I got more out of it than the girls did and believe me, they were really enjoyed themselves too!
Glen and Claire are extremely friendly and REALLY know their animals -every individual! of which there are quite a few especially the goats.
The farm is in a lovely setting with its own fishing lake, next to the river Blackwater so the walk with Alpacas was scenic and a nature lovers haven. I even witnessed a Cormorant eying up Glens fish and heard a Buzzard crying.
It was a very immersive experience and I came away educated about Alpacas and goats and inspired by Glen and Clares passion for their land and animals.
For those who worry about animal welfare, fear not. The ethos on this farm is no animal is meat. If they are sold, they go as pets to either vetted institutes or individuals.
Finally, a word on price - very reasonable and dare I say cheap for what you get to do and see!

1  Thank michellerA608SL
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had an amazing time here, my daughter is disabled and finds it very difficult to be around crowds and to follow instructions so the fact we could just have our family there was perfect! The man that took us around was absolutely amazing with my daughter and that’s no easy feat! He managed to keep her interest for the whole time we were there and the goats were a firm favourite! We will definitely visit again! Thanks for an amazing time :)

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had the best morning, would recommend it to anyone. The staff were lovely and very knowledgable. Before visiting the farm or wanting to do an experience it must be pre booked.

Date of experience: August 2019