“Yummy desserts”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Barking
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Big Moe's Diner has recreated the classic 50s-style American Diner. We offer authentic American diner food including burgers, steaks, hot dogs, and ribs. We also have amazing ice-creams, waffles, cakes, shakes and other classic diner desserts. All our food is made fresh to order. A great place out for friends and family!
Reviewed February 4, 2014

If you like a 50s feel like back to the future movie u will luv this setting. I hav always enjoyed the food. I luv American food. The desserts are gorgeous especially the sundaes and so are the drinks. I haven't tried their ice cream yet but they hav a huge variety to choose from.

I would luv to eat at the 10 seater booth but not managed to book a crowd that size yet. I want to go again soon.

1  Thank Sindy V
BigMoesDiner, Manager at Big Moe's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Hi sindy

Really glad you had a good time

we look forward to seeing you again and this time with 9 more friends so you can book the 10 seater booth :)

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I am visiting Showcase cinemas for a decade and never had good experience with food in surrounding restaurants. This place was previously BurgerKing so we always though it's a some kind of cheap takeaway. What a mistake we made. I took my wife and my daughter for first visit in December 2013 and second in early of this year. Always busy and food was well presented and prepared. But today what a horrible experience. Unhelpful and unhappy waitress with no politeness whatsoever. And I have noticed, this restaurant serves mostly Asian people. And you have to try chocolate waffle. Tastes Goooooooooood.....

1  Thank Michal V
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I used to love this place, unfortunately, my last visit meant we came away with an empty stomach.

I am very sorry to say that I have had a very unpleasant experience at Big Moe’s recently, me and my family are regular customers that in times when they are busy we even have take-aways as we have always enjoyed and loved the food.

Unfortunately on a late November weekday afternoon we walked in to see Big Moe’s relatively quiet, where we asked for a booth, our party was only 3 in number but my request for a bit of privacy as my wife was feeding our 3 month old baby was denied even though booths were available, I even saw two booths, 1 had a couple, the other had a group of 3.

I acknowledge that at busy periods it may not be feasible for a small party to occupy a booth however in the past we have even taken the alternative of sitting the corner tables however today I was soo aggrieved that I didn’t even want this option as well as the fact that my wife would need to breast feed our young Child,

I spoke to one of the managers, and I explained to her that we had come before and the same person refused a booth but another person was able to provide a booth, she then asked the person that refused us a booth he still refused, and even though there was a booth available he asked us if we could wait, at which point I really didn’t want to wait any longer.

I wish you all the best in your business and i am sorry to say that i think it is important for others with young children to know how willing your staff members are to refusing suitable seating even at less busy times.

1  Thank imdad r

Dear Imdad

We are really sorry to hear of your experience. As a family diner we pride ourselves on ensuring we accommodate and give a great dining experience to those who come in large groups or have your kids etc. it seems by the information on your review that this did not happen in your last visit.

You are absolutely right – if we are not in a busy period and have no prior bookings etc allowances should be made to give small parties larger tables for the reasons you have given (breast feeding). As you may be aware imdad sometimes members of an organisation may not always carry out their jobs in the best manner but I hope our reply will set the issue straight with you and we will be looking into this further and will spend time and effort in training to ensure this does not happen again.

We are also sad to see that that you have decided not to visits us again. We hope that that this reply may change your mind and if you would like to speak to us further on this matter please email us info@bigmoesdiner.co.Uk with your telephone number and we will be happy to discuss this issue with you in person. If you do not decide to visit us again then once again we would like to apologise for your last visit and the inconcinece it caused your family.

Kind regards

The Big Moes Team.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was my 3rd visit to the Diner and have always enjoyed my visit.
For starters we ordered the Diner platter which was very tasty and of a good sharing size for 3.
I ordered the bacon burger for my main which was excellent as usual.
My wife ordered the Rib Eye steak which she requested as well done on this occasion but it was very chewy and was not enjoyable at all.

Aside from the issue with the steak, my only complain is the starters and the mains were served at the same time meaning whilst we had the starters the mins got cold.

Overall a good experience and would definitely recommend.

1  Thank DezignStudio
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Good eat out place, to go with family and friends. Foods halal. Beef burgers and chicken is good. Icecream and chocolate cake in desserts are a few things that would make me go there again. Staff is friendly and service is good aswell