“seriously, who is in charge of travelodge?”

Travelodge London Barking
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Barking
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Does anyone really care how these hotels are run? Travelodge barking is quite cool, to my surprise. The lady at the reception called Delia was exceptionally pleasant, professional & swift in handling issues concerning my check in. Sadly & typical of travelodge hotels in east London, I was woken up by a huge fight at 4:06!!! No member of staff around to put a stop to it quickly. I did experience this at Travelodge illford previously!!!
Then I got a hard bang on my door at 1pm, behold it was the incompetent supervisor informing me I ought to have checked out at 12, told her to go check the system to confirm whether or not I paid extra money for late check out. Height of incompetence!!!
I think its high time the management of travelodge looked into their east London branches ASAP!

Room Tip: Corner rooms & ones at the end of the hall feels stuffy & a stench!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Yes,The best hotel on the basis of cleanliness,service,hospitality and cheaper too comparitively!I must say the Hotel staff was really helpful! specifically Mr.Nayeem Rahman who helped us out with whatever he could!Infact his kind and friendly behaviour impressed us all !Thank you Mr.Nayeem you gave us the best service of all! I would recommend all my relatives to this Hotel now! If you visit London,Travelodge(Barking) is really too good and Mr.Nayeem's cooperation and service makes it excellent!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank shethpriya
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Travelodge is a great hotel which offers a good value when traveling with kids. It offers nice and comfortable rooms at a very good price with good access to public transport.
The overall experience starting from online booking to check-out was smooth and hassle free.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This would be the only Travelodge I would stay when coming down with my family to london. Management team once again gave us astonishing service. Nothing was too much for the team always going out of their way making sure all 15 rooms were cleaned every day with extra tea and milk once cleaned. Donna and Jelena had every room spotless every day and every room were set up as a new room everyday when returning in the evening . Rooms had been hovered everyday due to kids making mess, again the team had no issue at all doing this even when all cleaners had gone home. thanks to the area manager Julin for allowing Taj to buy my parents two folding chairs that were needed when going site seeing with our party group as Taj went out her way to find these chairs after she had finished her shift and picked up the cost and wouldn’t take a penny for them “this is my job making every customer feel special” Taj you made us feel special the first time when coming to barking and you did this again so thank you very much. Taj had given us first class service the last time I had come with my family and again we were not let down by her. Delia always had a smile every time we saw her. Every staff member went out their way to help us and could not thank them enough. Prab who checked us out made sure all our taxis had been booked and all on time to help us put all suit cases in the cab.
Nothing is too little with barking staff always here to help all customers at any time of the day.
So thank you very much and see you all again in august as we have booked another 10 rooms at such great prices this time thanks to Taj having a look on her phone with rates low as £29
location is perfect when traveling by train as underground is less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel, Tesco right next to the hotel. car park was an issue as barking don't have their own carpark on site. Park on the 3rd floor so you can use the pay and display machine otherwise lower level you have to pay by phone. when paying over the phone at the hotel staff will dial out the ring go's number so you can use the hotel phone to pay and takes no more than an minute to do.

Room Tip: best rooms we had were all family rooms and rooms on second floor 219,220,221 these are the bigges...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Was looking for ok price not so far from London ExCel and Travelodge was the best combination I found mid June. Although now I know why the price was low. It's minimum amenities. Will not hold luggages, had to ask for hair dryer. Still 339£ for 3 nights.

One bottle body soap as shampoo. Day after I got half a bottle. Please Travelodge...

Wash room is walk in open shower area. Would work if the drain was. You know you shower has to end when water threatens to take over the corridor.

Beds are doubles made of 2 singles. So soft I fell during the night. Only one electrical outlet in the room far from bed. Only 30 minutes free wifi.

On the plus side fairly close to subway station. 1h35 minutes form Heathrow. 30 minutes to exCel but I moved out to be closer to action after the show. No noise at night.

Several services around but not much restaurants except hunk food around. Neighbourhood feels bprderline safe after 22h.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank tohtem
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Honestly this has got to be the best stay in a hotel i have ever had. Everything from the staff to the room that i was given was just exceptional and as long as Travelodge continue to keep this quality of product up, i will continue to use this company.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The staff at this hotel really care about their guests. I have been staying at this location for many months for business purposes and they always ensure I feel welcome and have a comfortable stay. The refurbished hotel really makes a difference and provides great access to public transport.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barking
Ibis Budget London Barking
Best Western Greater London Hotel
Park Hotel
Park Hotel
#10 of 14 in Ilford

Been to Travelodge London Barking? Share your experiences!