“Great food”

Brickwall Hotel
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2017

This is a lovely old building,with very polite and helpful staff, and a good sized car park. The room we had was large enough for the two armchairs and a small table at the foot of the bed, and there was a good sized bathroom. The food in the restaurant was great.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

We were a party of four family lunch what a lovely place. our food was excellent could not fault great menu we had lamb and beef a perfect meal desserts are a must.
Good service with friendly staff would recommend to try just wonderful will certainly be returning. did not stay in the hotel so unable to comment.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

Try the Romney Marsh lamb or any seafood dish, as they are my favorites. All entries are excellent as are the desserts.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

You can be sure of a really good hot meal in this Italian run restaurant.Situated at the heart of the village of Sedlescombe with white geese on the village green,always ready to welcome visitors!

Reviewed October 12, 2017

My parents love this restaurant and I am never sure why. It falls short of being good on every level and I always feel that the owners have just lost interest and are letting it stumble along. The food is OK but not much more than that. The service is attentive on the surface but there is little substance. Requests for water are completely ignored. We ran out of vegetables and I had to ask 3 times before being grudgingly presented with what looked like the scrapings of someone else's plate. But for me, the worst thing was the attitude of the waiter who refused to ask the chef to cut my mother's lamb off the bone. He simply said no. My mother has dementia, and instead of a relaxed and enjoyable evening, I had to cut my mother's food at the table as if she was a child. Embarrassing and demeaning for her and really quite hard to understand. I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank traceyf1958