“Fantastic Golf school...”

Sedlescombe Golf Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sedlescombe
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My girlfriend and I went to James Andrew Golf school for the weekend - 2 full day sessions.

We had a fantastic time learning how to play golf and will be returning in 3 months to have a follow-up session with Tom.

The food was fantastic with the great hospitality of Phillipe and his team.

Highly recommended for individuals who want to learn how to play Golf and enjoy a relaxed weekend away

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank m.shingadia
There are newer reviews for Sedlescombe Golf Hotel

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was there on the intermediate course for 2 half days and stayed over in the golf lodge. All in all my experience was very positive. The Pro was great and i have already seen a vast improvement in my game. I enjoyed the course, staff in the restaurant (phillipe) was super friendly and made me feel very welcome. I will defintely come back again and have Phil (the pro) work futher on improving my game as he was brilliant!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I was there recently for a 5-day half-day golf class.
Very nice golf course (both the 18 holes and the 9-hole par 3),good practice range, very good video equipment and excellent coach. A week of golf done with pleasure.
The hotel is simple and very nice.
The pub/restaurant is very nice as well. Menu is a bit limited when you stay a full week there but service and quality of food are very good.
I recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The weekend was all I hoped for. Set in tranquil surroundings, the accommodation and club house were lovely. The food was delicious and good value. All the staff were really friendly. Tom, our golf pro, tuned in to what we wanted to get out of the golf school very quickly. It was a great success. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I attended a 3 day course with my business partner and a client and found it to be excellent to every level of my stay. From the golf tuition itself , the accommodation , the food quality and the level of service all of which were to the highest standard . Surprisingly after two and a half days of tuition we actually come back relaxed and more to the point had some positive feedback on our golf habits which I am now working on at the range.
I found the golf tuition to be constructive and recommend to all golfers whom are struggling to give this a go , I am off 18 H/C myself and really do believe I will now get down into the low teens which I have been attempting to do for a long while as the practice/tuition facilities Sedlescombe really do show things in a different light to that shown by your club pro at half hour a time .
With regard to the accommodation it was first class and the rooms were spotless with beds as comfortable as my own , only slight downside was that there was no shower cubicle but it did have a bath tub with a hand held shower over .
Lastly the food ....they didn't let us down and we had the choice to order fresh fish from the local market with a promise that the catch will be served on your plate within 8 hours , I had Plaice one night then Dover Sole the other which was so large it filled my total plate .
Will definitely come again ....maybe I'm dreaming but next time ill be going with the view to getting me down into single figures !!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank martin s
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I have just spent 5 days at Sedlescombe, on a 5 half day tuition break and were so impressed that before we left we re-booked for August this year!
The tuition is well structured, comprehensive, and very varied (Thank you Tim you were great!) - something to suit everyone, beginners improvers and low handicappers alike, with the perfect balance of teaching, practice pauses and video analysis. Daily printouts of our video progress (before and after each lesson) proved invaluable, and were collated in a folder along with tips and hints on putting, lies, pitching, chipping and bunkers, for future use, so useful to know that we did not have to scribble notes or memorise points we were unsure of, during lessons. During the afternoons we practised our new knowledge on the beautiful course, which is in excellent condition. The pro shop staff were very helpful and we were measured and had clubs shortend too, all on site.

All the staff we encountered were incredibly friendly and helpful and willing to go the extra mile to oblige. The restaurant and bar area staff provide freshly prepared food all day (including fresh fish collected from the harbour each day and bought to order!) Sam and her staff were all delightful and so efficient even when busy.

It was so refreshing to feel the friendly atmosphere everywhere, and although we had an intense (for us) 5 days, we also felt we had had a holiday!

There are many places of interest around Sedlescombe to visit too during free time or an extended break, sea front, castles gardens and Battle of Hastings historical sites.

Altogether a really enjoyable experience!

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were very good and close to all the ameneties, although a few of the King rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lookglobal
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Just returned from an excellent 2 day golf school at Sedlescombe Golf. Golf tuition was first class (thanks Phil), it was well structured, thought provoking and not over bearing in any way. You were simply given concise drills or changes to your game and given the space to practice and test on the range or on the par 3 or full course. The school is extremely well setup and should be beneficial for beginner or a low handicap player. Superb.

The course lodge, where we stayed for one night, was spacious, very comfortable and well equipped.

We ate at the golf club for lunch and the evening meal. Food was fantastic and the service friendly and professional, despite being a busy Saturday night.

In essence, i find it very hard to find a fault with the whole setup. For anyone looking to attend a golf school for a day or longer (no matter what your standard of golf is) will certainly not be disappointed.

First class.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedlescombe
Claverton Country House Hotel
#5 of 5 in Battle
The Abbey Hotel
The Abbey Hotel
#4 of 5 in Battle

Been to Sedlescombe Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!