“The most comfortable of beds......”

Sedlescombe Golf Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sedlescombe
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“The most comfortable of beds......”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at Sedlescombe Golf Hotel a couple of years ago when we joined friends for a golf school weekend. However, this time we simply came to have dinner with friends and decided to stay overnight.

The golf resort is well laid out. The accommodation is away from the main golf club which houses the restaurant and bar. We had a large room with four poster bed (surprise!) which was gorgeous with dark wood paneling, although I needed a ladder to climb up into bed :-) There was a large bathroom with two sinks, toilet and corner bath. This was the only disappointment as my hubby prefers a shower but it didn't detract from the overall enjoyment of the room. The room also had a balcony (our room was situated on the ground floor) and lovely views across the fairway.

We met our friends for a drink in the bar and then went through to dinner. The restaurant was quite quiet, and both the food and service were very good.

We had an excellent night's sleep as the mattress was very comfortable (firm) and the duvet light but warm, as the room was cool overnight. I WOULD LIKE TO ASK SEDLESCOMBE WHERE THEY BUY THEIR DUVETS AS THEY ARE THE BEST!

There was a good choice at breakfast of continental or cooked, and after that we were given a free round on their 9-hole course included in our room reservation.

Overall, a very pleasant experience and one we would like to repeat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Ginny.
I was not sure of what to expect as , to date, a golfer static in improvement , but had hopes that 3 days at Sedlescombe could help! I Found the lows and highs of having my play taken apart started by our excellent and very patient coach, a great and rewarding experience ,which I will now continue to build on. Our group had also great food, accommodation and service from all the team. Thank you all.
Will be back!

Room Tip: All seemed to be of the same high standard.
london
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Had 2 lovely days golf at this lovely venue. The hotel is bright, clean and beautifully designed.
The food and service was fantastic, Our group was 8 male golfers in their 60's.
We will be back amybe this year

Room Tip: I had room 19 on first floor lovely but I'm sure all rooms are nice.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed May 18, 2014

After hearing a lot of good things about the James Andrews Golf Hotel, I have to say that it really excel my expectations! I would like to thank the entire Team for the warm welcoming and the pleasant stay. From the first minute I felt like a family member of James Andrews and his Team. We've had a very clean two bed room, thanks to Lynne, with a lovely view to the first tee.

On our first tuition day we had the great pleasure to meet our Pro Phil. We were very happy to have him during our stay. With his terrific knowledge, patient and supportive way he was the right Pro for us as beginner's. First he took us to the video swing analysis room to help us swinging in a correct and elegant way. It was extremely useful for us, especially because Phil reported all the analysis in a personalized handbook which he gave us in the end of our four-day course. After we increased our strokes, Phil introduced us into the pitching and putting part which is in front of the Hotel and behind the Clubhouse by the way. Finally we were able to go on the Par 3 9 Hole Course which was a perfect starting course and a beautiful scenery on top.

With great fun the days went over very fast, so we enjoyed an excellent, varied dinner and a glass of wine in a nice atmosphere with gentle service.

Before we played on the 18 Hole Course I went to the Pro Shop to meet Natasha. With her great know-how, she served me very well and I end up with a new Callaway Golfset. Thanks again Natasha!

Therefore it was a nice week and we learnt a lot. We're looking forward to be there soon again.

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We spent three nights at Sedlescombe. The rooms were a good size, comfortable and well equipped. We had most of our meals in the clubhouse and they were excellent with fresh and imaginative ingredients.
Tim, our coach, was endlessly patient and I feel sure that my golf improved a great deal.
I am already thinking about when I can return for a top up.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had two half-day courses booked with two nights half board. Reception was very welcoming. Excellent room, comfy, clean and plenty of space. Menu was not extensive as expected for a golf club but the food was excellent. Breakfasts was also very good with 'special requests' like poached eggs catered for quickly and efficiently
Golf coach (Phil) was excellent and spotted mistakes in my swing straight away and showed me how to correct. I'll never be a scratch player but with Phils help I will certainly be able to reduce my scores.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Allan G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Attended the 2 half day golf school taught by Phil. Great tuition - focused on keeping things simple and teaching us techniques we were capable of picking up quickly. He spotted things we were doing wrong quickly and gave us drills to practice getting into good habits. Golf facilities on site we excellent. All the pros/ staff were friendly, the hotel was clean and the food was good. great set up, will definitely be back

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedlescombe
Claverton Country House Hotel
The Abbey Hotel
The Abbey Hotel
#4 of 5 in Battle
Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club

Been to Sedlescombe Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!