“In our opinion, the best of British Pub Food in a perfect country location”
Review of The Queen's Head

The Queen's Head
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Battle, United Kingdom
“In our opinion, the best of British Pub Food in a perfect country location”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We called in to The Queens Head on the off chance for dinner on our way home one evening earlier this week. I can honestly say that we had the one of the best meals ever had.

The Queens Head is a lovely country setting in the small village of Sedlescombe in East Sussex.

We have always been a fan of home cooked "Real" food. The Queens Head met and exceeded our expectations.

The staff were lovely. Really friendly, courteous and attentive. Obviously worked together as an efficient team.

We enjoyed the meal so much we returned 2 days later and this time had lunch there. We drove 5 miles out of our way to visit the pub again.

The meal we had (twice running) was the lemon sole with samphire and dauphinoise potatoes and king prawn linguini with a sweet chilli sauce. Their Sticky toffee pudding is one of the best that we have had.

We really do recommend it. We will certainly be going back again, soon I hope.

• Visited May 2014

Etchingham, United Kingdom
“Great friendly pub”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Top rated establishment this. Great staff, good food and well kept beer.

The garden is great for children to let off steam.

Booking necessary at weekends but well worth the effort.

1 Thank The_Ejaculator
Dover, United Kingdom
“First Rate”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Food well cooked,plenty of it,The Lamb was the Best I tasted for a long time,The Staff first class.Can not fault it,will go back when ever I can.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Brian D
Battle, United Kingdom
“Finally!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The Queens Head In Sedlescombe, near Battle, is your typical Pub. It is in a great location and there is a lovely outlook over the village green with Geese that roam freely through the Village. It really is picture perfect, so why it has been in a state of decline for years has baffeld me. FINALLY!! Someone that has recognised the pub for what it is and all its potential has taken over and made it into the pub it always should have been. It is clean, Airy with a welcoming and calm atmosphere. The food is great. I have had the burger and a roast, not all at once!!! and both times it was excellent, Friends that came with me all enjoyed their meals too. I would really recommend this pub for locals,tourists and people just passing by.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Ben H
Hastings, United Kingdom
“What a pleasure!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I have visited The Queens Head a few years ago and I am local, but I took my elderly father and my daughter last Sunday, and I have to say it was an absolute pleasure. The Landlord was very welcoming, we were asked if we were eating that day, very attentive staff. We were not eating that day but I would certainly like to one day.
Very very rarely does anyone ever bother to speak to you when you arrive in a pub these days, so it was was an extremely welcoming experience.
Thank you Queens Head.