“This place should be full!!”
Review of Simply Seafood

Simply Seafood
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Pevensey
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The food and service was excellent! We have been looking for a venue to take our family and friends when they visit and this is it! Try it I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Charlie54London
There are newer reviews for Simply Seafood

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I am pleased to see that some people have discovered this small but excellent seafood restaurant, and that most reviews were very good - deservedly so in my opinion.
I first became aware of this restaurant several years ago when it was called Horeau's (after the owners), but renamed to make it obvious that it specialised in sea food.
In recent years, having searched Sussex, Surrey, Kent and even London for a decent seafood restaurant, but alas, there was a dearth of them, my wife and I decided to travel the 60 miles to Simply Seafood for lunch in celebration of our wedding anniversary.
We were not disappointed.
The seafood was really excellent, and so fresh.
For dessert, the creme brulee was the largest and best we've ever had. It had the texture of a souffle - so light and fluffy.
Being the only diners on that day, we were attended to by Christine (who owns the business with her husband).
I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant, and that people who wish to have some ambience, especially for an evening booking, should request a table in the conservatory dining area if possible.
This restaurant is located in a small quiet village, and is a few minutes walk from Pevemsey Castle.
It has a fish and chip shop next door too.
The only down side for us is that it is too far from where we live in Surrey, so evening dinner is unfortunately out of the question. Otherwise we would be dining there quite frequently.
We had the a la carte menu, and the bill came to £64 (including 3 large glasses of wine).

2  Thank James Y
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Spent the evening at Simply Seafood recently to celebrate my 60th Birthday with some really good friends. Had a lovely evening, food and service was excellent, was treated like royalty by the hosts, Christine and Claude, the atmosphere was really excellent. Will certainly recommend this restaurant and will return for other special occasions. All my friends enjoyed it as well. Very pleased with our visit.

2  Thank Sue O
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Ignore the location, which is not the most impressive, because once inside you will have an excellent meal at very good prices. We have been several times and taken several friends, all of whom have been impressed. Food is fresh and delicious, imaginative and yet simple - no fancy combinations for their own sake. Service is always friendly and helpful, and the wines are good and reasonably priced, their Early Bird Special being remarkable value for size of portions and quality of food. Am surprised it is not more popular than it is, as it is probably the most consistently good restaurant in this area.

3  Thank Brian A
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We ate here on an earlybird special as a family recently and loved it. Although we were advised to book it was quiet and we were the only diners there. It did fill up a little but not enough for my liking considering the superb cuisine on offer, a sign of the times I would think at the moment. The staff were very friendly and attentive and even offered the children anything from the fish shop next door if they didn't fancy what was on the menu! Water was served without having to ask, nice touch. The quality of the food was fantastic and we even got the kids eating mussels!

We'll be back, maybe I'll bring my dad along, he loves a bit of seafood. Keep up the good work it's a lovely place with lovely staff and lovely food, you won't be dissatisfied.

2  Thank Badshot1uk