“Very nice place to stay”

Premier Inn Newhaven Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newhaven
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Have been here before, and travelled down from the north for one night, to celebrate a friend's special occasion. Very nice place, and check-in staff was particularly helpful in arranging to have our two rooms close together, and on the same floor! Good night's sleep and no complaints. Will be back in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peter W
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Newhaven Hotel

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night whilst visiting Brighton. I chose this hotel mainly because I am used to Premier Inn’s and the fact that there was plenty of free parking. You can tell that the hotel has been renovated recently as everything is fully functional and clean. My room faced out towards the car-park and main road; despite this I was not disturbed during the night by any road noise. The room was a standard Premier Inn room with a nice bathroom, comfortable bed and flat screen tv. There was also free wifi (30 minutes) although I found the connection to be very slow, so I gave up after a few minutes. Attached to the hotel is a traditional pub serving the normal pub-grub. It was very busy, so if you are intending on staying here and eating at night it might be advisable to book a table in advance. People were almost fighting for a seat, in fact I saw one man get up from his table to order his food and when he returned a group had moved in on his table – he took his food to his room in the end. Breakfast was buffet style and certainly worth the money. All in all this hotel is what I have come to expect from Premier Inn, basic but good quality accommodation, value for money and operated by friendly and help-full staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed for one night as was visiting family in nearby town. Known the area for 15 years. The hotel is around 10-15 minute walk from Newhaven Town Station and a 5-10 minute walk from a small retail park and a Large Sainsbury's.

Newhaven is roughly halfway between Brighton & Eastbourne so unless you were staying for the ferry there isn't a whole heap to do in the town itself. Fortunately the main bus stop (Denton Corner) is across the road with frequent buses (around every 10-15 minutes peak) to Brighton via Peacehaven or Eastbourne via Seaford (both in around 45 minutes +/- traffic depending). The train to Brighton takes over 30 minutes, so by the time you have walked to the station you might as well stick to the bus.

The hotel itself was modern and the rooms were of a usual Premier Inn standard. I however must point out how disappointed I was to find stains over the toilet seat around the hinge (whether it was rust or something else it was unpleasant!). Due to the time of evening the stains were noted (I had been out all day) the pleasant gentlemen Receptionist willingly had to come up to my room to clean it himself - thank you as it was clearly not his fault.

Leaving the toilet seat in this mess makes me question the quality control of the housekeeper who previously cleaned the room, this was a first incident of poor cleanliness for me to notice in a Premier Inn. I would have appreciated some kind of good will gesture the following day when checking out - as I did again mention the state of the toilet (to which I was informed they were already made aware of this). In other hotels I have stayed in this would have been an obvious thing to do.

I can only presume, based on the other reviews on here, poor cleanliness is not a common occurrence in this hotel. Therefore, I would be willing to give it a second chance if I needed to stay in the area again & hopefully be able to re-review with a better experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Rikky
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newhaven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service and I am sorry to learn that we have failed on this occasion. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take all feedback seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate further. Please email your details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with our Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This Premier Inn is well placed both for the Dieppe ferry terminal and for the south coast. The hotel has been refurbished and is exactly as you would expect a Premier Inn to be. The hotel also has free wifi now (only 30 mins free) but enough to catch up on reading e-mails etc.
The Pub / Restaurant next door serves standard pub fayre which was OK but while we were there it was a: very busy and b: unbearably hot due to the heating being turned up to the max!
If you are visiting Brighton this hotel is about 10 miles away has a good free car park and access to Brighton is easy. Not many hotels in Brighton can offer free parking which can make a big difference to the cost of an overnight stay.

Room Tip: First floor is quieter. Disabled rooms have very low beds!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. Was a pleasant stay. My room had a bath and shower. Plenty of parking. Nicely decorated and up-to-date decor. Restaraunt next door was nice too. All-in-all, a good stay.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We wanted to have a couple of days looking around Brighton and looked for the best option regarding cost and location and found this Premier Inn was fairly close and a reasonable price to pay for a couple of days. We had trouble booking in as the room we were given was upstairs and I use sticks. There was no option to mention this when booking on the net so it took about half an hour for the receptionist to juggle rooms for us. We were pleased to see the Inn was right next door to Sainsburys so we could pick up a couple of things for the room and re-fuel at a reasonable cost. The evening dinner we had at the Brewers Fayre was not as good as we have had in the past but when we complained we were given a free sweet. The next morning at breakfast most of the items were dried up and looked past there best so we were not too keen to eat there again the following evening so we went to the cafe in sainsburys . We didn,t sleep very well the first night due to lack of pillows, the heat in the room even with the window open and the big ridge of piping at the side of the mattress when we asked for pillows and a fan she didn,t seen bothered that we had not slept well and not once were we asked if our food was ok or was our room ok. I wouldn,t be too quick to stay at this particular Premier Inn again but we have had more success at other Premier Inns so we will continue to use them.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vanessaparkin
Reviewed January 14, 2013

On booking my first thoughts were, it'll do for one night. But to my amazement it was excellent.
The place has been refurbed with new bathroom and a huge flatscreen TV(lack of channels though) So in summary a good place to stay with free parking, rail links, ferries and the sea on the doorstep.
PS just one thing, there is no lift to the upper floor.

Room Tip: Ask for the reburbed rooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newhaven
The Avondale
Malmaison Brighton
Malmaison Brighton
#14 of 43 in Brighton
Travelodge Hellingly Eastbourne

Been to Premier Inn Newhaven Hotel? Share your experiences!